Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another 2 seasons in the Championship will do you good

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
There are plenty of pillocks on here who seem to think Gus has been a FAILURE if he doesn't deliver us the Prem (on a golden platter) within this season or next.

You don't pick and choose when you go up,if you get the chance you must take it,all this not ready stuff is rubbish.

These.

BHAFC are a natural club, not designing a dodgy future in the game like Man City or Chelsea buy and create a silly wage scale.
We won't be paying any Rooney wages to anyone, selling the club to Arabs, or Russians or Americans to exist on loaned money.
The players will be the sort who align the club with themselves in terms of success or failure, Murray was an example of one who thought mercenary was the way forward in his game. He didn't wave to fans or mix well with people because he wasn't emotionally involved with anyone or anything down here. Hence Gus put a goal figure on his contract signing before sitting back at the table with him.
Obviously our board *could* stick the money on the table for mercenary players at high cost if they really wanted to. However they weren't silly when we were scraping through groundless, so they shouldn't be now either

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We have to learn to walk before we start running.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've read posts on here saying Gus may be in trouble if you don't go up this season, I don't think these people realise that it would be more beneficial long term if you stayed for a little while longer with your passing/possession philosophy improving and embedded in all areas from reserves to youth team. Would probably be difficult for you to go up and having to change a large portion of your team and then maintain your style and fluidity, while you are in this division the pressure is off and you can improve every foundation of your club.

Are you any relation to the quite magnificent Brian Swanson?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I still think we'll get automatic promotion this season and if we do it'll be because we're good enough. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here