Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Townsend says we are down

D

Deleted User X18H

...so we will stay up just the formality of playing our games then.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
If he says we are down it is a sure sign we will stay up.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
At the start of december both millwall and crewe were at least 10 points behind us werent they? We really have collapsed since then, if you look at the statistics they all point to us going down.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
sir danny cullip said:
At the start of december both millwall and crewe were at least 10 points behind us werent they? We really have collapsed since then, if you look at the statistics they all point to us going down.

That is the reason that football is such a great game. You can have all the stats your like, but at the end of the day they mean sod all.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What does he know? We're not dead yet and I would dearly love him to have to eat his words.
:lolol: :lolol:

Just look at these fixtures in April
Saturday, 01 April - Millwall v Brighton
Saturday, 08 April - Crewe v Sheff Wed
Monday, 17 April - Brighton v Sheff Wed
Sunday, 30 April - Crewe v Millwall

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Wardywonderland said:
That is the reason that football is such a great game. You can have all the stats your like, but at the end of the day they mean sod all.

Lets hope so, my point was townsend would have based his prediction on our recent form which is SHITE!

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
hove born&bred said:
...so we will stay up just the formality of playing our games then.

Andy Townsend...tish and pish m'lord.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
sir danny cullip said:
Lets hope so, my point was townsend would have based his prediction on our recent form which is SHITE!

I agree but he seems to have forgoten our god given right to play in this division.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we are not ahead of Sheff Weds by the time we play them we have no chance of staying up. Think about it, if they come here just needing a draw do you really think we'll be able to break them down and score???

Personally think he has every right to think that, we do not look like we have a prayer of satying up imo.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yorkie said:
What does he know? We're not dead yet and I would dearly love him to have to eat his words.
:lolol: :lolol:

Just look at these fixtures in April
Saturday, 01 April - Millwall v Brighton
Saturday, 08 April - Crewe v Sheff Wed
Monday, 17 April - Brighton v Sheff Wed
Sunday, 30 April - Crewe v Millwall

That gives us a chance BUT vs leicester at home and crewe away in recent weeks we have been well and truly beaten by teams that were supposed to be relegation rivals and we just haven't turned up. I get the feeling people think those fixtures against millwall and sheff wednesday are going to dig us out of trouble. They give us a chance but we will probably have to give our best performances of the season to beat them.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
sir danny cullip said:
That gives us a chance BUT vs leicester at home and crewe away in recent weeks we have been well and truly beaten by teams that were supposed to be relegation rivals and we just haven't turned up. I get the feeling people think those fixtures against millwall and sheff wednesday are going to dig us out of trouble. They give us a chance but we will probably have to give our best performances of the season to beat them.

I disagree we just need to find the back of the net. We have played good football this season but just not been able to find the back of the net.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Wardywonderland said:
I disagree we just need to find the back of the net. We have played good football this season but just not been able to find the back of the net.

O yea dont get me wrong ill take any goal BUT some people seem to be under the illusion these games will dig us out of trouble, they seem to forget that another performance like the last two vs crewe and leicester will send us down.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I love it when people make statements as fact when it isn't. It encourages me that we've been written off on national telly, could be just the psycholgical boost we all need.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Curious Orange said:
I love it when people make statements as fact when it isn't. It encourages me that we've been written off on national telly, could be just the psycholgical boost we all need.

I remember Bob Booker saying when we were chasing reading for the title a few years back that he used to pin up newspaper articles that were slating us on the dressing room wall before the game and tell the lads to pick the bones out of it. Repeat performance would do nicely :)

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Football is never straight forward and I suspect there are a lot more ups and downs yet (and I'm not talking about relegation)
Most people thought it would go to the wire this season and it will.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yorkie said:
Football is never straight forward and I suspect there are a lot more ups and downs yet (and I'm not talking about relegation)
Most people thought it would go to the wire this season and it will.

Suggestions for next weeks suprises???

Millwall v Leicester,
QPR v Brighton,
Sheff Wed v Preston
Hull v Crewe

more draws and losses for all 4 clubs I reckon

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
junior said:
Well if most of us think we are down (wether we admit it or not),why cant he say we are down?

Because we aren't yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here