Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylors last tweets (re Vicente & CMS)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Could someone stand just to the left of the net with this helpful banner for CMS?

"The goal is this way-->"

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Could someone stand just to the left of the net with this helpful banner for CMS?

"The goal is this way-->"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334585100.537614.jpg

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think people are being too harsh on Dicker. Yes he's had two poor games, but he's just come back from a broken leg. People were slating Lua-Lua on her in October because he wasn't looking very good, when he'd just come back from a similar injury. It takes time.

Slightly harsh maybe, but the reality was before his injury that he was still very slow, cumbersome and got caught in possession constantly - he hasn't changed, a L1 player i'm afraid

"The best things in life are free
Something in football are (not) free-ish:
Vicente's not one of those either: Vicente"

Taking into account his limited English do you think we should make it a bit simpler ? Taking into account the Ipswich effort was rather obscure a parody of it is probably not going to help a lot.

Mar 10, 2006
The most recent loss of form has coincided with us playing generally better quality sides. Vicente has been instrumental in assisting or scoring in most of the matches he's played in. Take him out and our results would have been worse. In the Reading game, he was amazing, most of our great play went through him.

And there lies one of our problems - every time we get the ball the players seemed shit scared to do anything with it except give it to Vicente. Don't think Buckley went past his man once because as soon as he got the ball he gave it to Vicente and then stood and watched what he did. By putting everything through him you nullify other players. Obviously he's an exceptional player at this level but you can't be a one man team at the expense of other players who are equally as capable of opening teams up and it also makes it easier for the opposition to plan how they play you if you only have one tactic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If he (Vicente) stays we can push for play-offs next season. Replacing him will be expensive. The 'unreal expectations' comment is worrying.

The "unreal expectations" comment was because TB wanted a top 6 finish before a ball was kicked in anger. Comparisons were made about us and Southampton making back to back promotions because of Norwich and Swansea's successes. Whoever plays in the last 3 games will be playing for their future career either with Brighton or another club.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
A bit concerned about the comments re unrealistic expectations from within the club! Certainly put those in their place with the team selection over the last few weeks!!! As for Vicente, a talent like that deserves to grace the top level. I wish it would have been with us but it's not to be so I don't begrudge him moving on. Don't think he realistically owes us anything and if he gets offered a stonking last contract at his age then good for him. I'll just be grateful he graced the Amex when he did. From what it seems, he showed Valencia a lot of loyalty over the years and got shafted.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The "unreal expectations" comment was because TB wanted a top 6 finish before a ball was kicked in anger. Comparisons were made about us and Southampton making back to back promotions because of Norwich and Swansea's successes. Whoever plays in the last 3 games will be playing for their future career either with Brighton or another club.

I don't believe that for one minute. Any expectations either from outside or within came about because of the great start we had and how we played against the likes of Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle at home.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
If Vicente does go, I hope it is back to Spain. Couldn't cope with him going to another English league club.

I'd feel like I've been cheated on :(

D

Deleted member 2719

Perhaps a massive banner in the north stand for the Birmingham match that reads "thank you Vicente please stay" but in Spanish

Well that's never going happen........North standers struggle with English let alone Spanish!

D

Deleted member 2719

If Vicente does go, I hope it is back to Spain. Couldn't cope with him going to another English league club.

Yeah we would have just been foreplay................ I want the full session.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Perhaps a massive banner in the north stand for the Birmingham match that reads "thank you Vicente please stay" but in Spanish

I'm off to Spain on the 28th, I'll have a word with his Mum.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Agreed. If he goes to Reading or Southampton or West Ham or Norwich, I will disintegrate with grief.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I had wondered if the West Ham lineup was a 'Thank you and goodbye' from Gus for several who would not be with us next season. Give them one last chance to experience a big game in a match that he probably thought we would lose.

i'd say that is as good an explanation as any other i have heard to be honest!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I think we should get a giant card, everyone write a tiny message and we can give it to him after the Brum game. If that's not a guilt trip I don't know what is.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here