Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylors last tweets (re Vicente & CMS)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The club have the option to extend Vicentes contract which they clearly will. If the club exercise that option then if Vicente does leave then the new club will have to pay. Ok it may be undisclosed or some negotiations but any club "courting" Vicente wull have to put their hand in their pocket.

I hope you are right. After watching Chelsea making hard work of beating a poor Spurs side. If they had Vicente, they would have got eight. They would have got seven if they had Vaz Te.

Every extra point in the Premier is worth £1 million.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Most recent tweets from Andy Naylor:

Gus's press briefings are always honest and revealing, this morning more so than ever. Extensive coverage of it in tomorrow's Argus. #bhafc

Taster, re:whether Albion can afford players to make a difference. GP: "I think the chairman needs to answer a few questions not me." #bhafc

GP: "I think we were very fair with the whole squad that won the league last year, now the other side is coming, the ugly part." #bhafc

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Tweet from Naylor, again sorry hah

“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: GP: "I think we were very fair with the whole squad that won the league last year, now the other side is coming, the ugly part." #bhafc”

I take it that some of the posts above were correct, about giving the players who won us the league a chance this season, to see if they can cut it at this level and as a thank you and goodbye, and I suppose the 'ugly part' is telling the players they're not part of his plans for the future.

I remember at the end of last season when Gus let Baz, battipiedi (sp?), Sandaza go he said it he hated and was the worst part of managing and he wished them good luck in their future careers. It will be sad to see some players go, but if we want to challenge for the top flight these players aren't the way to go about it. Although I hope Calde stays for Vicente reasons and I've chatted to him in Brighton and he was a really down to earth nice guy. :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
attachment.php

someone make it happen

Attachments

• Falmer_Stadium_-_north_stand.jpg
    Falmer_Stadium_-_north_stand.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 779

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Most recent tweets from Andy Naylor:

GP: "I think we were very fair with the whole squad that won the league last year, now the other side is coming, the ugly part." #bhafc

This 6-0 smashing could be the best thing that has happened.

Painter, Dicker, Navarro, Brezovan will not see us into the Prem. Navarro I wouldn't mind keeping though. wishhehadpace#

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This 6-0 smashing could be the best thing that has happened.

Painter, Dicker, Navarro, Brezovan will not see us into the Prem. Navarro I wouldn't mind keeping though. wishhehadpace#

Some of those players have another year on their contracts. Will they be transfer listed or paid up?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Some of those players have another year on their contracts. Will they be transfer listed or paid up?

Who? Dicker has 13 months left? Poyet loves him as he is the identical player to him, but can't see who else he is referring to with his latest comments! He was AWFUL on Saturday. Really really bad. Was my favourite player last season!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who? Dicker has 13 months left? Poyet loves him as he is the identical player to him, but can't see who else he is referring to with his latest comments! He was AWFUL on Saturday. Really really bad. Was my favourite player last season!

Someone said that Brezovan had another year?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone got any statistics of how many games we have won/drawn/lost with Vicente in/out of the side? Acker?

We seem to have done better without him...

Vicente has played in 14 League games for us, starting 9 and coming on as a sub in 5. Our record on those games is Won 4, Drawn 4, Lost 6, averaging 1.14 pts a game.

Our record without Vicente is Won 13, Drawn 8, Lost 8 averaging 1.62 points a game. Over the course of a season it's a 22 point difference.

Just for the record I think just looking at the stats like that discounts a lot of what Vicente brings to our team, even in defeat against Reading he was immense and it's games like that, with better quality players around him, I am sure we'd have had a better result.

I concur with Joey. Including the comment about the relevance of the stats.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I think people are being too harsh on Dicker. Yes he's had two poor games, but he's just come back from a broken leg. People were slating Lua-Lua on her in October because he wasn't looking very good, when he'd just come back from a similar injury. It takes time.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Dicker plays like Poyet? Nonsense. Poyet was a much better version of Sparrow ie an attacking midfielder.

I think the following will leave:

Ankergren
Painter
Sparrow
Harley
and one or two more which will surprise us.

I recall (a few years ago) outrage on here that we were letting go an England U21 international.

Adam Hinshelwood.

PG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The banner for Vicente should read:

'Vicente please dont not sign a new contract'

"The best things in life are free
Something in football are (not) free-ish:
Vicente's not one of those either: Vicente"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports