Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylors last tweets (re Vicente & CMS)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It would be nice if the whole ground on Tuesday night made it clear that we want Vicente to stay. And that we are so proud of what we have achieved this season. That Poyet has our full support (does not mean no-one questions what he does sometimes but overall we are right behind him).

That CMS is a great asset and although work in progress is part of the future.

I really dont want this season to just fizze out on the back of a woeful 90 minutes at West Ham

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Has anyone got any statistics of how many games we have won/drawn/lost with Vicente in/out of the side? Acker?

We seem to have done better without him...

Vicente has played in 14 League games for us, starting 9 and coming on as a sub in 5. Our record on those games is Won 4, Drawn 4, Lost 6, averaging 1.14 pts a game.

Our record without Vicente is Won 13, Drawn 8, Lost 8 averaging 1.62 points a game. Over the course of a season it's a 22 point difference.

Just for the record I think just looking at the stats like that discounts a lot of what Vicente brings to our team, even in defeat against Reading he was immense and it's games like that, with better quality players around him, I am sure we'd have had a better result.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We need a massive banner covering the entire West Stand that says:

Vicente Please Stay. Gus We're Behind You. CMS - We Have Faith in You. Vincelot - You're a Good Looking Guy. Buckley, Lua Lua, Noone, Bridcutt We Love All You Lot too and The Rest Of The Team. Tanno - You're a Great Number Two. Charlie Oatway - Great Job.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Another tweets from Naylor

“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Today's analysis re: squad to compete for automatic promotion. "That will require heavy investment and some Premier League pedigree." #bhafc”

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
CMS,a work in progress?At 28 and a cost of £2.5m or more,I expected the 'bees knees'!
Thought Gus was going to build the team round him.Trouble is he isn't even in the team!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
My view is that we have to beat the "pressing side" Birmingham convincingly to show we have the class/tactics/skill/players to make a showing next season. There is going to have to another outlet from defence. Not all the moves can go through Vicente.

Macca is better than Teddy Maybank was (comparable signing in terms of cost, allowing for inflation). He looked a better player on the videos for Peterborough, Macca did. Maybank was a flop.

25 players maximum. To get new players in, some will have to leave.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Vicente Please Stay. Gus We're Behind You. CMS - We Have Faith in You. Vincelot - You're a Good Looking Guy. Buckley, Lua Lua, Noone, Bridcutt We Love All You Lot too and The Rest Of The Team. Tanno - You're a Great Number Two. Charlie Oatway - Great Job.

Nice sentiments there Cheeky, but we'd be 3 down again by the time they'd finished reading it. :lol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How about a nice, happy, chant of "If you're happy with the season clap your hands..." :lolol:

"If you're happy with CMS clap your hands"
"If you want Vicente to stay, clap your hands"

A LOT of thought has gone into this. :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
permanezca por favor

For Vicente

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Fascinating stuff from GP. There's going to be a summer cull and he will leave it to Vicente if he stays or goes. #bhafc”.
I had wondered if the West Ham lineup was a 'Thank you and goodbye' from Gus for several who would not be with us next season. Give them one last chance to experience a big game in a match that he probably thought we would lose.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Great sentiments - but then you'll find someobody will insert 'not' against the bits they dont like

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The club have the option to extend Vicentes contract which they clearly will. If the club exercise that option then if Vicente does leave then the new club will have to pay. Ok it may be undisclosed or some negotiations but any club "courting" Vicente wull have to put their hand in their pocket.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, yes, yes and yes.

This, this, this and this...

Looking forward to CMS proving so many wrong next season - bit like some of US were saying re Vicente a few months ago - oh and look WE were 100% RIGHT :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The club have the option to extend Vicentes contract which they clearly will. If the club exercise that option then if Vicente does leave then the new club will have to pay. Ok it may be undisclosed or some negotiations but any club "courting" Vicente wull have to put their hand in their pocket.

Is this def the case mate? I know we have an option for another yr so was hoping it was pretty much OUR decision...?!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

For brevity...

"WE LOVE YOU BRIGHTON, WE DO..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here