Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylors last tweets (re Vicente & CMS)

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Fascinating stuff from GP. There's going to be a summer cull and he will leave it to Vicente if he stays or goes. #bhafc”

“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Also not worried about CMS. Sees him as a work in progress. #bhafc”

“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: GP says unreal expectations have come from inside the club as well as outside. #

“[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: Budget talks with the chairman are going to be interesting. #bhafc”

Also Mattock is ready to return v Watford

I hope Vicente chooses to stay, after we helped him hugely to regain fitness mentally and physically I would have thought maybe he owes the club one more season (I hope), he was loyal to Valencia so hopefully hell be loyal to us too.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dear Mr Rodriguez,

Please stay.

Love, Albion fans.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I hope CMS has a good pre season and starts knocking them in next year but isn't he a little on the mature side to be work in progress?

Dec 29, 2011
If he (Vicente) stays we can push for play-offs next season. Replacing him will be expensive. The 'unreal expectations' comment is worrying.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I still think Vicente will go back to Spain. At the same time I'm hoping he does stay of course.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I hope CMS has a good pre season and starts knocking them in next year but isn't he a little on the mature side to be work in progress?

As in fitting into our team, I assume, rather than his personal skills.

mrbigshot

Dec 15, 2009
Mid Sussex
Perhaps a massive banner in the north stand for the Birmingham match that reads "thank you Vicente please stay" but in Spanish

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If he (Vicente) stays we can push for play-offs next season. Replacing him will be expensive. The 'unreal expectations' comment is worrying.

Not sure it is worrying. Simply saying that like many of us, the early suucess this season and the good start to 2012 also persuaded people within the club that we could be good enough to go straight up. West Ham is just another reality check. Think that's all he's saying.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
It would be nice if the whole ground on Tuesday night made it clear that we want Vicente to stay. And that we are so proud of what we have achieved this season. That Poyet has our full support (does not mean no-one questions what he does sometimes but overall we are right behind him).

That CMS is a great asset and although work in progress is part of the future.

I really dont want this season to just fizze out on the back of a woeful 90 minutes at West Ham

Dec 29, 2011
Not sure it is worrying. Simply saying that like many of us, the early suucess this season and the good start to 2012 also persuaded people within the club that we could be good enough to go straight up. West Ham is just another reality check. Think that's all he's saying.

I hope so. I thought maybe it'd be a little dig at TB. i.e. Tony expects us to get Premier League in the next few years, and that is too high of an expectation. Saying this though, I do know Gus has said himself Brighton will be in the Premier League in the next four years so maybe I was off track.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Has anyone got any statistics of how many games we have won/drawn/lost with Vicente in/out of the side? Acker?

We seem to have done better without him...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As said above, Vicente 'owes' us just for persevering with him and getting him back to full fitness. I think the decision will come down to how well the squad is improved during pre-season, lets hope Gus has a major clear out as we are carrying a lot of players that are out of their depth at upper Championship level. This club is set up for better things in the coming years and Gus/Tony have to be ruthless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It would be nice if the whole ground on Tuesday night made it clear that we want Vicente to stay. And that we are so proud of what we have achieved this season. That Poyet has our full support (does not mean no-one questions what he does sometimes but overall we are right behind him).

I really dont want this season to just fizze out on the back of a woeful 90 minutes at West Ham

Agree. Someone in that North Stand Collective lot should make and unroll one of them huge long paper banners I often see on the continent with "VICENTE POR FAVOR, QUEDATE" in large black letters. Simple and to the point. Maybe write "VETE A LA MIERDA" on the back to cover yourself for an unenthusiastic response.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Well said sir.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I hope so. I thought maybe it'd be a little dig at TB. i.e. Tony expects us to get Premier League in the next few years, and that is too high of an expectation. Saying this though, I do know Gus has said himself Brighton will be in the Premier League in the next four years so maybe I was off track.

You can't plan when you get into the Prem. I think too much is made of "experience" and you only have to look at the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Forest, Ipswich, Derby etc etc to realise it doesn't come on a "time served" basis. Even worse look at the likes of Charlton, Wednesday, Sheff Utd (and in the past Norwich, Stains and Leeds).

No doubt it was unrealistic for anyone to expect promo or even play offs this year but having found ourself in with a bloody good chance it's disappointing that we seem to have chucked it away managing just 10 points from the last 30 available, partic when our challengers were gifting us the opportunity.

Hopefully we we will use the experience and push on next season

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Has anyone got any statistics of how many games we have won/drawn/lost with Vicente in/out of the side? Acker?

We seem to have done better without him...

The most recent loss of form has coincided with us playing generally better quality sides. Vicente has been instrumental in assisting or scoring in most of the matches he's played in. Take him out and our results would have been worse. In the Reading game, he was amazing, most of our great play went through him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here