Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I sense the club have started to build bridges with him and may have been feeding him info. I think the club realise that he can be influential when it comes to spreading negative vibes and realise that it is better to have him onside and spreading more positive things

This with nobs on. AN has always been a hate figure for a few of us, due to his allegiance to Another Team, primarily, plus a long history of off colour columns. My guess is a lot of the latter is due to lack of info. It makes sense for the club to feed him via a hotline for a while, and see if he can be trusted to avoid putting a destructive spin on his scribblings.

This is all small beer, albeit Communications are important (look how the othjer TB ensured his party elected by schmoozing Rupert Murdock) . . . i

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
To be fair he has had the story pretty spot on since Hyypia went in terms of the candidates and how it was going. Including Hughton being the hot favourite.

But radio - like TV punditry and commentary - is something you can work on and get better. It isn't easy to be brilliant without any work, and I don't think he has done that much of it. But the Argus have obviously started doing these video clips with him so he has the chance to get better.
Hark back to when Gary Lineker took over from Des Lynam on Match of the Day.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well said.
I would be totally uncomfortable on TV/Radio and would hate to think of what I would sound like.

Well, don't go on the TV/Radio then!

I went to the doctor the other day,
I said 'it hurts when I do that'
he said 'well don't do it'
Tommy Cooper

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
So by your logic, try to get into something new, if you're not good at it immediately, stop trying.
Nice.

I didn't say that at all. Good luck with your TV/Radio debut.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Andy was asked via Twitter to go on TalkSport this morning, and he agreed to do so. He didn't have to.

[tweet]550199220712796160[/tweet]

I quite often get asked to do radio and, occasionally, TV bits when the Albion are in the news and I always politely decline. It's not my forte (although I don't know what actually is) so I don't do it.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
To be fair, although I don't think his some of his articles are the best, to criticize his videos/interviews is harsh. He's doing them in his spare time for no financial gain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here