They have sold Chimbonda for 5 !!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Confirmed on SSN.

Not worth more than 5 in my opinion
Agreed. Good bit of business by Palace. Sadly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So let's get this straight. Andy Johnson is good enough to be considered 6th best striker in England after Owen, Rooney, Crouch, Walcott and Defoe yet none of the top half of the Prem (Wigan apart) are interested?

Johnson to Wigan is a classic case of a team chasing a dream (in this case European football) paying over the odds for a player.

Fair play to Jordan, he's got £2-2.5mill more than he's worth and a nice war chest for Souness to blow.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Withdean Wanderer said:
I don't think it's quite that conclusive yet but don't be surprised to see him holding up a Spurs shirt in the near future.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I get the impression Johnson probably thinks he's better than Wigan - Premiership they may be, but they're hardly the high-profile "big club" he'd be wanting to sign for. Wouldn't be surprised if he stalls on the deal in the hope that someone else comes in and matches the bid, now that we know what Jordan will accept for him.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Wigan were originally offering Damien francis as part of the package, but don't think thats the case now

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Easy 10 said:
I get the impression Johnson probably thinks he's better than Wigan - Premiership they may be, but they're hardly the high-profile "big club" he'd be wanting to sign for. Wouldn't be surprised if he stalls on the deal in the hope that someone else comes in and matches the bid, now that we know what Jordan will accept for him.

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here