Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy D'Urso - Thank you!!!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Andy D'Urso - Thank you!!! / Atmosphere

Cheers Andy for being such an inconsistent and useless twat!! You single handedly helped create arguably one of the best Withdean atmospheres for a long time which really fired the team up and made for a brilliant performance by the lads. Thanks Andy, now piss off back to the Premiership!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I agree with that. There's nothing like a dreadful referee to get even the quietest people shouting.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Why did he keep bringing the ball back for free kicks when we had the ball anyway? Muppet.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He was a complete tosser, thats the first time in a long time ive come away from withdean with a croaky voice!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
XooX said:
. Thanks Andy, now piss off back to the Premiership!

Hasn't he been demoted to the Championship due to being too shit for the Premiership?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We couldn't even sing, "Who's The W*nker in the Black?" :angry:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dougdeep said:
Why did he keep bringing the ball back for free kicks when we had the ball anyway? Muppet.

He aved albion twice by bring back the play for a Leeds free kick, i think they were as happy as the home fans.:lolol:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How can it be that a ref that is shown to be useless on TV in the Prem can be Ok to be useless in the Championship?

Just about got my voice back now from shouting at him.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Re: Re: Andy D'Urso - Thank you!!!

Icy Gull said:
Hasn't he been demoted to the Championship due to being too shit for the Premiership?

he was demoted because at old trafford (of all places) he booked the same player twice....without sending him off.

So instead of being hounded out of football they demote him to the championship. He will never again ref in the premierbore, but why should we have him??

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
From his display yesterday he should be demoted again although I agree that the same standard of refereeing should apply to ALL league football. Of course we know this isn't the case as we have had some absolutely shocking officials down here over the years. What I fail to understand is how many referees fail to utilise or trust the judgement of the Linesmen (i refuse to call them assistant referees!). Saying that I think that too many 'Linos' haven't got the balls to question the referee these days.

I really hope the Albion fans can generate another atmosphere like that at our next home game as it made a huge difference at times and you could see the players drawing energy from it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
XooX said:
From his display yesterday he should be demoted again although I agree that the same standard of refereeing should apply to ALL league football. Of course we know this isn't the case as we have had some absolutely shocking officials down here over the years. What I fail to understand is how many referees fail to utilise or trust the judgement of the Linesmen (i refuse to call them assistant referees!). Saying that I think that too many 'Linos' haven't got the balls to question the referee these days.

I really hope the Albion fans can generate another atmosphere like that at our next home game as it made a huge difference at times and you could see the players drawing energy from it.

I agree, the players seemed to thrive off it. Seems to work better than constant abuse.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Gaffer said:
I can't speak today. Throat too sore from shouting , singing and having a great time. Best match at Withers this season?
Anyway this 60+ enjoyed it all. Makes being a STH all worth while.

Indeed it does, still think the best match was Plymouth, but Leeds was the best atmosphere.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A very valid point and I never would have looked at it from that angle.

Thanks D'Urso for getting all of the crowd animated

:clap2: :clap2:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
We all need to write to the football league and request the worse referees they have on their panel for our home games.If when we get mad we generate that sort of atmostphere we are a different proposition at Withdean.Their manager said as much in the sunday papers.BRING BACK PROSSER THATS WHAT I SAY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here