Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy at Skint asking about TOTP now...

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I asked him if an email blitz would help, he said no, it would just make them arsey, probably.....
Fingers crossed. I think it's a very long shot but who knows?
Great piece in the Guardian. The Falmer publicity this is generating is phenomenal!

To get to Number 17 we sold 3, 418 copies, about 200 fewer than 16 and 50 more than 18.

5000 have been pressed, they should all go now, and we'll definitely make money for A&K. Talked to Skint about logic or not of pressing more, but this was never really in the equation - we need to sell what we've got, and, being realistic, we have judged this about right.

If we tried for glory with another 5000 we would end up with egg on our faces 'cos they wouldn't get in the shops till next week and that would be far too late (and equally, there is a limited market outside Sussex!!)

It has all worked brilliantly.
News about TOTP when I get it....

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
attila said:
I asked him if an email blitz would help, he said no, it would just make them arsey, probably.....
Fingers crossed. I think it's a very long shot but who knows?
Great piece in the Guardian. The Falmer publicity this is generating is phenomenal!

To get to Number 17 we sold 3, 418 copies, about 200 fewer than 16 and 50 more than 18.

5000 have been pressed, they should all go now, and we'll definitely make money for A&K. Talked to Skint about logic or not of pressing more, but this was never really in the equation - we need to sell what we've got, and, being realistic, we have judged this about right.

If we tried for glory with another 5000 we would end up with egg on our faces 'cos they wouldn't get in the shops till next week and that would be far too late (and equally, there is a limited market outside Sussex!!)

It has all worked brilliantly.
News about TOTP when I get it....

You are a legend :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
top stuff! the tune is actually really good too!

bring on TOTP's that would be a major publicity stunt :clap2:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Theatre of Trees said:
How about putting it as a payable download to try and keep the money trickling in?

As an extra to what Theatre Of Trees said. How about making it as a payable download on here, with 75% of the fee to Alive & Kicking, with the remaining 25% to go to Bozza to help with his bandwidth? :clap2:

Well done Attila for the promotional push to get to 17 :clap: :bounce: :drink:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
attila said:

Agreed. Don't know is this has been posted but I'd rather it be posted twice than not at all!

Guardian Piece

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Seagulltonian said:
As an extra to what Theatre Of Trees said. How about making it as a payable download on here, with 75% of the fee to Alive & Kicking, with the remaining 25% to go to Bozza to help with his bandwidth? :clap2:

Well done Attila for the promotional push to get to 17 :clap: :bounce: :drink:

Its a good point, if people around the country want a copy but can't as it will not be available, what costs are involved in putting it on the Radio One download chart. It could then be available around the world with out the need to press more copies

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
gazwag said:
Its a good point, if people around the country want a copy but can't as it will not be available, what costs are involved in putting it on the Radio One download chart. It could then be available around the world with out the need to press more copies

Would that contribute to next week's chart?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:
And again we're on the front page of BBC football :)

I liked the opening lines:

A single released by Brighton football fans keen to highlight their club's fight for a new stadium has made number 17 in the official charts.

"Tom Hark (We Want Falmer)" charted above the likes of Girls Aloud, Blue and Christina Aguilera.

Apart from being fantastic-it's bloody hilarious to chart above those 'artistes' :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
gazwag said:
I think its a separate chart

Another chart to be nobbled by NSC?:smokin:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Do sing: "One Johnny Prescott! There's only one Johnny Prescott!"

Don't sing: "Who's the bastard in the Office for the Deputy Prime Minister?"

Not to be confused with: Tern! Tern! Tern! by the Byrds, Flock Around the Rock by Bill Haley and the Guillemots.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here