Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Android Apps

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Having upgraded to a new android phone I thought I’d recommend an excellent app for free music downloads…
search… mp3 music download and select the one rated 5 stars. Completely free and has a huge catalogue of songs new and old.

For any aspiring astronomers out there google sky maps is available free and lets you work out constellation’s and planet’s location using the onboard compass and GPS.

Anyone recommend any others?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
TuneIn Radio is good, the Sky+ app and Ebay. The last two only if you have an intrest in either obviously.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Guardian app is excellent, you can just download it and read it offline whenever.
3G Watchdog is very handy for keeping tabs on your mobile internet usage.

Just wish I could find a really good app for downloading podcasts. I've got Google Listen, which is alright but I find quite confusing to use, :dunce: and it has nowhere NEAR the amount of stuff you can get on iTunes, so generally I still use my iPod Touch for podcasts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
3G watchdog
Pkt Auction - an ebay app BETTER than the official one
Rail Planner - brilliant and up to date
Amazon kindle looks good, although I haven't got round to using it much yet.
Double twist - for music
Astro for file sharing
QR Droid to read QR codes
Where's My Droid - genius app for when you lose your phone. Text "where's my droid" to your phone and it'll max out the volume and ring. Will be even better if they can ever get GPS utilised.
Wifi analyzer - a bit geeky and I haven't used it yet, but apparently superb for optimising your wifi network.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
CamerAlert
Adobe Photoshop
Androidify
Amazon UK
BBC iPlayer
On brighton
Google Goggles
Barcode scanner
Sky +
Movies
ebay Android App
AVG antivirus free
Talking Tom Cat

DanielT

Just wish I could find a really good app for downloading podcasts. I've got Google Listen, which is alright but I find quite confusing to use, :dunce: and it has nowhere NEAR the amount of stuff you can get on iTunes, so generally I still use my iPod Touch for podcasts.

I use Doggcatcher. It costs about £4 I think, but its great. Also, even with Google Listen, you can add your own rss feeds. You aren't reliant on their recommendation list. With AlbionRoar and ... (insert name of Stephen Grant's podcast), they only offers an itunes link, but you can convert that link or any "itunes only" podcast feed, using http://page2rss.com

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I like the ECB app - simple but it looks good, for scorecards of current cricket matches.

The ECB App is stonkingly brilliant I use it regularly while at work, fast updating and current bowling figures as a bonus.... only thing missing is the sequence of fall scores.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Having upgraded to a new android phone I thought I’d recommend an excellent app for free music downloads…
search… mp3 music download and select the one rated 5 stars. Completely free and has a huge catalogue of songs new and old.

For any aspiring astronomers out there google sky maps is available free and lets you work out constellation’s and planet’s location using the onboard compass and GPS.

Anyone recommend any others?
Nice one for the music download app !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here