Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Without trawling through all the threads from the weekend, and I'm sure it's been debated, but in case it hasn't, does anyone else think that Andrew Crofts had a decent game on Saturday.

I know it's all about opinions, but I liked his tenacity where Navarro had very little; his willingness to get stuck in when other around him were dithering and is ability to play the simple pass under pressure. Me, I'm liking Crofts. Now... if we can just get him alongside Gary Dicker in midfield.

Or am I alone in thinking this?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
I thought he had a very good game, I had him down as our best player after Dickinson, with the big man just shading it with his goal

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was very impressed, good box-to-box midfielder and worked really hard. I really didn't understand what Navarro was in the team for and he seemed to run away from the ball, he didn't help the attack or the defence at all

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I agree that he had a good game. I thought the main reason the midfield looked weak was because Navarro was awful and still looks unfit to me.

Please Big Russ give Dicker & Crofts a game on Friday and let's see what happens.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I wish to affiliate myself with these remarks.
Dropping Navarro for Dicker is a complete NO BRAINER. A Crofts/Dicker combo in central midfield will simply RIP this division apart.

We will be, quite literally, unstoppable.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm liking Crofts the more I see him & I also think he had (another) good game on Saturday. I agree that Dicker should replace Navarro at Millwall - although I thought the latter acquitted himself pretty well at Brentford. I'm more concerned about Cox's woeful showing against Stockport tbh. What the hell's the matter with him at the moment?? It seems that he's completely forgotten how to play football. :annoyed:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think Crofty has had 3 decent games that I have seen, wasn't at Huddersfield so can't comment. He works very hard, and is trying to gel with the other players, i.e. what a midfield is supposed to do. Once they all start playing better as a team I think he will become a kingpin in our march out of the relegation zone.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think almost everyone has wanted Dicker and Crofts as the central pairing since day one....the only exception being the bloke who chooses the team :shrug:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Crofts & Dicker get my vote, for sure

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think almost everyone has wanted Dicker and Crofts as the central pairing since day one....the only exception being the bloke who chooses the team :shrug:

Dick Knight?! BHADebenhams knows where I'm coming from, right? :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Am I the only person who disagrees and thinks that he was the weakest of the midfield much more so than Navarro who I thought had an excellent 1st half but tired a little in the 2nd where as Crofts only excelled when we went down to 9 men. As they always say this is all about opinions none of us is right or wrong.

For me Friday night should be Dicker and Navarro or Cox with Bennett and Wright out wide.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I wish to affiliate myself with these remarks.
Dropping Navarro for Dicker is a complete NO BRAINER. A Crofts/Dicker combo in central midfield will simply RIP this division apart.

We will be, quite literally, unstoppable.

is the correct answer, Wright or Bennett on the right and Mcloud on the left, with Forster and Dickinson up front and a back 4 of Whing/tunnicliffe at rb.... then 2 center backs out of Virgo, Tunnicliffe or Elphick and Mcnulty at LB .........play offs at least with this team!!!!!!!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Am I the only person who disagrees and thinks that he was the weakest of the midfield much more so than Navarro who I thought had an excellent 1st half but tired a little in the 2nd where as Crofts only excelled when we went down to 9 men. As they always say this is all about opinions none of us is right or wrong.

For me Friday night should be Dicker and Navarro or Cox with Bennett and Wright out wide.

Yes, you are the only one who disagrees.

Snoop Dogg

Jun 19, 2009
Yeah I like him and thought he did well on Saturday too. Dicker in for Navarro on Friday please Russ. For a while I was thinking that I was the only person who thought Crofts was any good :shrug:

Still not sure what Navarro brings to the team though....

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I'd have Crofts over Navarro - he's taller, more 'box-to-box' and has a better pass. With Dicker as the defensive midfielder and any 2 from Wright/Cox/Bennett out wide then we'll look more balanced in the middle. I also think that Elphick being out on Fri could open the door for a Virgo/Tunnicliffe pairing that could be long term. I was impressed with Tunnicliffe's distribution on Sat too.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Saturday was the first time that Crofts has impressed me so far, but thought he had an excellent game. In my opinion, it should be him along side dicker in the middle of the park. Navarro is still yet to impress me, and doesn't even look fit enough to play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here