Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Words with friends!

Glow Hockey

Winamp

Voucher Cloud

Juice Defender (for better battery life)

Acast (for podcasts)

Google Earth

Angry Birds (many varieties)

GBA Emulator (turn your phone into a Gameboy Advance)

These are my personal faves. Enjoy

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
On the topic of 'Words With Friends!' has this been going a bit MENTAL for anyone lately?

I have a few games ongoing at the moment, and two have them have multiplied! I now have 3 versions of the same games, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I can even click into all three versions of the same game (which are at different stages of the game) and seemingly place tiles and play.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, so can't even update.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
On the topic of 'Words With Friends!' has this been going a bit MENTAL for anyone lately?

I have a few games ongoing at the moment, and two have them have multiplied! I now have 3 versions of the same games, and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. I can even click into all three versions of the same game (which are at different stages of the game) and seemingly place tiles and play.

I'm pretty sure I have the latest version, so can't even update.

Mine has been working really well for the last few updates, was notoriously unreliable before that. I don't have many games on the go at once anymore though so this maybe a reason. I prefer Wordsmith and it's rule about 3 failed attempts

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
In another area, is the HTC compatible with an Apple Mac? I have a Mac Book (and don't want to go back to a PC, because of having to download Norton or McAfee updates, spyware blockers, etc) and was considering getting an I Phone 5, but if Apple are going to tell you what pictures you can and can't take and what videos, even though I don't record at gigs, then I'm blowed if I'm paying at least £5 a month more than the best HTC or Samsung available. Story here:

Apple To Prevent iPhones From Recording Live Gigs? | House Essentials

The Times covered this story on Friday, but I can't link to it because of the charge they now make. What I'm basically asking is: Will it be just as easy to transfer photos, music, etc, to and from an HTC and a Mac Book as it is between an I Phone and an Apple computer?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Advanced Task Killer (free) stops Android apps eating your battery life whilst running in the background.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The Times covered this story on Friday, but I can't link to it because of the charge they now make. What I'm basically asking is: Will it be just as easy to transfer photos, music, etc, to and from an HTC and a Mac Book as it is between an I Phone and an Apple computer?

Yes. I have an HTC Desire S and use it with my Macbook pro. It works a treat

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
zombie booth, Shazam, Tuneinradio (the dogs nuts)

Tunein Radio Seconded ! also I'd advise ECB Cricket for updates on nearly all first class games with up to date scorecards and bowling figures. Oh, and Zedge for your ringtones.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Advanced Task Killer (free) stops Android apps eating your battery life whilst running in the background.

Android itself is an intelligent OS that kills apps when they aren't needed automatically, I'd hazard a guess and say the difference with using the app will be unnoticable.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Android itself is an intelligent OS that kills apps when they aren't needed automatically, I'd hazard a guess and say the difference with using the app will be unnoticable.

I know I didn't notice any difference when using it, but [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] said it made a big difference to his battery life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know I didn't notice any difference when using it, but [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] said it made a big difference to his battery life.

I dunno if it was just the app-killer to be fair.

I think the main thing is having the background data, WiFi and 3G all switched off (and GPS, although I rarely use that anyway), as they seem to eat the battery when the phone is idle. I just activate them as and when I'm using them, then I get at least 2 days 'normal' useage from my Wildfire before it needs charging again.

Piece of piss to toggle them off and on if you put the toolbar on one of your screens as well, its no hassle.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(

Depends on which OS version is on the phone.

If you have an older version, ATK works well, if you have a newer version, (Froyo or Gingerbread)
ATK will either not work or, can even drain more battery than without it, depends on your settings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here