Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

and we thinks it's bad.....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
received this message from a colleague I've not spoken to since last season:

"Hope you are ok
Another football season and another major disappointment
If I told you Derby County were bad before I can't begin to sum them up now.
The whole thing has fallen apart - probably due mainly to bad financial management
I still go to every home and some away matches
But I have lost all interest at the moment
I cant bear to watch football on the telly, I don't read the papers
I don't even know how Brighton are doing
But a whole lot better that my team I hope!"

and this is after they have a spanking new stadium!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My heart bleeds.
Spectacular stadium, 20,000+ attendences, First Division football.
OK, they're having a crap time of it this season, but he wants to try this shit at the arse-end of the league with no f***ing ground.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
They still get great crowds,but yes its there own thought after the premiership and since then a lot has changed for sure.:lol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:
My heart bleeds.
Spectacular stadium, 20,000+ attendences, First Division football.
OK, they're having a crap time of it this season, but he wants to try this shit at the arse-end of the league with no f***ing ground.

Yes but there are sides in Division 3 who would love to be in this division and travelling to places such as Sheffield Wednesday.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Derby are a f***ing shambles, I have no sympathy with them whatsover.

There philosophy of paying the likes of Ravenelli and Branco Strupor £40000 a week in a vain attempt at surviving in the premiership could at least be forgiven as naive, but to keep the big money charlies for another season of total mediocracy was suicidal and lacking any sort of business accumen whatsover.

They may have a shiny atmosphereless stadia, but they are fast heading into Div 2 and oblivion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Turkey said:
Yes but there are sides in Division 3 who would love to be in this division and travelling to places such as Sheffield Wednesday.
True, but its all relative isn't it.
Derby are used to being in the top 2 divisions, and now they're in the bottom three of D1 after a few season in the Prem, so they're feeling sorry for themselves. But there are clubs having a much tougher time of it than them.

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
We could be in danger of assuming that Falmer will solve every problem the club has. It won't. Derby, Darlington, Stoke, Sunderland etc etc all thought their new grounds would bring them success but all have had their own problems.

Of course we need a stadium. But with it we need some sound financial management, and that does not mean a reckless pursuit of Premiership status in the seasons that follow.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Turkey said:

Especially Darlo who have a brand new 27000(?) seat stadium attracting 3000 fans and now their safe cracking chairman has resigned with them 91st in the league.

That's gonna be a great place to watch conference football:eek:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My mate at work is a Derby fan and goes home and away ( brummieram on EBAY!!) and he is very disallusioned, although his saving grace is that Forest are just above them and in a similar pickle

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I cant believe the position Forest are in.....
Anyway, this is exactly why Dick Knight is right for our club.
Even if we had the money, Im certain he wouldnt be stupid enough to put our future in jepordy by paying Johnny Foreigner £40k per week. I wish the twats of this site such as Berkshire and Ernest would wake up and live in the real world.
Falmer will save our club but it wont make our club. It will take time and it will take a few seasons (not all at once) of frustration like this . I would rather have a chairman like DK than have Ridsdale or the men in charge at Derby etc.........

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gary Nelson said:
Falmer will save our club but it wont make our club. It will take time and it will take a few seasons (not all at once) of frustration like this . I would rather have a chairman like DK than have Ridsdale or the men in charge at Derby etc.........
Spot on Nels. I couldn't agree more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here