Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And so it begins..

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
French plane fires first shots at pro Gaddafi Duck forces.. When will they ever learn! How long before ground forces?

I really cannot see this having a happy ending..

Not sure if I am for or against this action, but your 'when will they learn' smacks of pacifism/cowardice/appeasement. Luckily you were not in charge in 1939.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Great, no aircraft carriers, no Harriers, cuts in the M.O.D. and troops putting their lives on the line every day in Afghanistan, Police service budget being cut to the bone. Great time to pick a fight with another muslim nation. As if the UK isn't under a serious enough threat, this will stoke it up even more. It's got f*** all to do with us.....Oh hang on a minute......Oil??

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Great, no aircraft carriers, no Harriers, cuts in the M.O.D. and troops putting their lives on the line every day in Afghanistan, Police service budget being cut to the bone. Great time to pick a fight with another muslim nation. As if the UK isn't under a serious enough threat, this will stoke it up even more. It's got f*** all to do with us.....Oh hang on a minute......Oil??

Oh FFS.....get a grip.

Have a look at the news......you might discover that it isn't the UK on its own.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Why not Bharian as well and while we at it serveal African nations, Uzbeistan, the list is endlees. Oops I forgot, Libya has Oil!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I've worked in Counter Terrorism for the last 8 years.

So your employers would be okay with you discussing your opinions on a public forum having confirmed that you are a member of HM Governments 'Spooks'? Not to mentio the OSA.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
They will relaliate by bombing England, the footy season will be declared null and void and we start next season in Div 1..........................................holy f*ck that would be my worst nightmare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Currently sounds like lots of activity over our local RAF base (Tornadoes) here in Norfolk - so maybe our brave boys and girls are departing to do their bit over Libya. Some of them not long home from Afghanistan too.

Can't help but see the irony in that the community around here have been fighting to save the base from closure under the Coalition's defence review.....but only a few weeks later they seem indispensible. Makes you think.......so all the best to them.

Meanwhile its good to see the froggies taking a lead in this campaign. However Sarkozy's ratings in France are shocking so maybe he sees this as his 'Falklands' moment. While there is a potential humanitarian disaster to be averted in eastern Libya I can't help but feel this is also about positioning to secure future oil and trade deals. Of course this assumes Gadaffi and his tribal followers will roll over, can't see him going without trying to create wider problems.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
So your employers would be okay with you discussing your opinions on a public forum having confirmed that you are a member of HM Governments 'Spooks'? Not to mentio the OSA.

I'm not a spook, I'm not breaching any OSA either. Believe me I know what I can post and what I can't post. All I have told you is that I work in CT. That covers a pretty broad spectrum. You get so called experts telling you more on Sky news than I've told you on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here