Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And HMV's biggest selling album of the year was......

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
alan partridge said:
:yawn: why are they soulless? what's your definition of soulful music?

Music that makes you care, has something to do with real life, isn't based on the teenage angst of boring people.

And by the way The Northstander Johnny Cash is a legend and shits on Keane.
And Joleene is a TUNE

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Travis' first album was excellent.

Agreed, they have done loads of decent stuff and they ar eone band I would not put in the dirge depressing category at all.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Travis' first album was excellent.

Here, here
I regretted trying to fight their bassist when i heard that album

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Their songs are moderately-considered melodious pop. I don't hate them, but i could never love them. I suppose i associate darkness (not The Darkness) with depth, and they've not really got that emotionally subversive layer i relish.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Joleene, Joleene, Joleene, Joooleeeeeeene...

I think the state of British music can be guaged by the sales of the Greatest Hits of the best pop band that this country has produced in the last 20 years, the Super Furry Animals. If there was any justice it would have sold millions.

Instead people go and buy Keane, Robbie Williams and other music that they can just put on and ignore.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i was tempted by keanes album but heard snippets and thought it was a bit depressing so i went for snow patrol and U2 instead both excellent choices.

although i do also own robbies greatest hits and ultimate kylie. :lolol:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
um bongo molongo said:
Travis are the Wet Wet Wet for the 2000s.

Oh God, my girlfriend dragged me to Wembley on Monday to see Wet Wet Wet. Hordes of middle aged women clutching their Smirnoff Ices and screeching every time Marti Pellow smiled. Hideous experience. I was also mesmerised by the grown man a few rows in front of me who was punching the air to almost every song. I was embarassed to be there, but he was an embarassment to the human race.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
bhafc99 said:
Oh God, my girlfriend dragged me to Wembley on Monday to see Wet Wet Wet. Hordes of middle aged women clutching their Smirnoff Ices and screeching every time Marti Pellow smiled. Hideous experience. I was also mesmerised by the grown man a few rows in front of me who was punching the air to almost every song. I was embarassed to be there, but he was an embarassment to the human race.

Oh how the other half live!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
keaton said:
It shows how boring this country's music taste has become that they go and buy such safe,soulless shite.
Music's actually supposed to make care and feel something, i really can't believ anyone could feel passionately towards that band

It's a common misperception held by people as they get older that "things ain't what they used to be", and that people's tastes have become more boring. But the terrible truth is that the "silent majority" have ALWAYS gone for safe, soulless shite.

Take 1977 as a classic example - the year punk came of age. Just a few of the classic albums from that year were: The Clash's first album; the Pistol's Never Mind the B*llocks; Exodus by Bob Marley; Television's Marquee Moon; IV Rattus Norvegicus AND No More Heroes by the Stranglers; the Ramones' Rocket to Russia... The list goes on.

And yet the best selling album released that year was Rumours by Fleetwood Mac.

I rest my case.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Oh how the other half live!

:lolol:

It must be awfull not to have taste :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wet Wet Wet are f***ing GOOD!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
alan partridge said:
Better Keane than Robbie WIlliams

In fact better Keane than a lot of bands. I think that album is excellent.

:)

Here, here.

:clap:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
keaton said:
Music's actually supposed to make care and feel something, i really can't believ anyone could feel passionately towards that band

Well judging by the sales, a lot of people have connected with it in some way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here