Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And HMV's biggest selling album of the year was......

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wozza said:
Well judging by the sales, a lot of people have connected with it in some way.
But a lot of people connected with Bros, East 17 and Robbie f***ing Williams so what's your point? It's still GASH.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Keane - Hopes and Fears??

How's that work?

:ohmy:

Seriously, there have been so many better albums out this year than that piece of arse. Guess who came second, go on go on.

That's right, Robbie f***ing Williams and his 'Greatest' Hits.

What is the world coming to?

There good, that's how it works:angry:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Joleene, Joleene, Joleene, Joooleeeeeeene...

I think the state of British music can be guaged by the sales of the Greatest Hits of the best pop band that this country has produced in the last 20 years, the Super Furry Animals. If there was any justice it would have sold millions.

Instead people go and buy Keane, Robbie Williams and other music that they can just put on and ignore.

Well said that man, the super furries release a greatest hits album with classic tracks every one of them and I tyhink it only slghtly dented the charts. THey should be superstars by now but the public are just f***ing stupid

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Simster said:
But a lot of people connected with Bros, East 17 and Robbie f***ing Williams so what's your point? It's still GASH.

But a lot of people enjoy pop music, grandad.

In the scheme of things, your personal opinion doesn't matter.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wozza said:
But a lot of people enjoy pop music, grandad.

In the scheme of things, your personal opinion doesn't matter.
Do you like Keane, Wozza.

Actually, don't bother. I don't care. ;)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
*shrugs* They're alright.

I don't see why people get so offended by other people's music taste.

And all this "music is supposed to have meaning" stuff is f***ing laughable.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
We all agree that how much an album sells is pretty unimportant don't we and I reckon its pretty good that Keane are there rather than a manufactured act. I think it's unfair to say they don't have any soul though whether you like em or not. They're still a band putting out records they wrote themselves. They're not offensive in any way but I can easily slap on the Dead Kennedys or NWA when I want that....Keane for when I want to be karaoke KING.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
bhafc99 said:
Oh God, my girlfriend dragged me to Wembley on Monday to see Wet Wet Wet. Hordes of middle aged women clutching their Smirnoff Ices and screeching every time Marti Pellow smiled. Hideous experience. I was also mesmerised by the grown man a few rows in front of me who was punching the air to almost every song. I was embarassed to be there, but he was an embarassment to the human race.

THAT is funny.:)

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
all the albums I bought this year, none were released in 2004

and thats about at least,erm, 70/80 albums..lol

if you dont like it,stick with the classics

anyway, albums are selling less and less, so it probably doesnt mean as much

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Trufflehound said:
Did anyone see Bad Manners doing "Walking in the Air" on Never Mind the Buzzcocks the other day?

Now THAT was funny...

that was superb . . .really good

I used to love Bad Maners

I thought the barber shop quartet where quite amusing, I could hacka gig of that , it'd be well funny :clap2:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Biscuit said:
Best album ever made is Nirvana's 'nevermind'

I dunno, I own it

I prefer 1984 by Van Halen

I listen to nevermind and think, ahhh, life is crap. it doesnt make me think that, it just adds to the negativity

I listen to 1984 and I feel on fire! unstoppable.hehe. its escapism music.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Trufflehound said:
Did anyone see Bad Manners doing "Walking in the Air" on Never Mind the Buzzcocks the other day?

Now THAT was funny...

Thats the FIRST time Ive ever heard the word funny used in a sentance with Never Mind the Buzzcocks !!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am a bit snooty about music. I wish everyone could feel like i did when certain songs come on, but would absolutely hate it if they did.
There's a song on the Elliott Smith album out this year called Twilight. It opens with:
Haven't laughed this hard in a long time
Better stop myself before i start crying

It leaves me boneless, crumpled on the carpet each time i hear it, thinking about how he killed himself last year and flitting uncontrollably between emotions. As if it's the soundtrack to his desperate end.
So, i do suppose i place the melancholy on a weeping pedestal. Most of the time, if it sounds throwaway, i throw it away and that lacks value to me.
But everyone's tastes are their own.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
bigc said:
I dunno, I own it

I prefer 1984 by Van Halen

I listen to nevermind and think, ahhh, life is crap. it doesnt make me think that, it just adds to the negativity

I listen to 1984 and I feel on fire! unstoppable.hehe. its escapism music.

AC/DC - Back In Black for me, closely followed by Metallicas Black album (self-titled sorta)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here