Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And as the last glory hunting southern Chelsea fan turns their head in shame...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
...the nation asks, why when you are born and bred in Sussex by the sea do you choose to support a London based football club, bank rolled by a bearded Russian fellow, that were once trendy to support but like all trends blow out like hurricane winds across the Atlantic?
Why?
And why do you make your Chavalan clothed children support same said team when they were born within pissing distance of the South Downs?
Why?
Get real, pack up your false plastic Christmas tree and make the New Year one you can FEEL in your heart and not just read about in the Sun.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do me a favour, Sussex, like most other counties, is full of people who claim to support Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United or Spurs.

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
One day in the not so distant future, people in the Croydon area will be posting threads complaining why there are so many glory supporters jumping on the BHA bandwagon now they are in the Premier League when they have their very own League Two team from the nearby dwelling of Selhurst.

It will always happen.Our turn soon!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree this fucks me off. The worst ones are the plastics who try to take the piss out of Brighton - If they every try it with me I f***ing ruin them though.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
This is why it's so important for the club to continue to encourage young uns to the Albion through schemes like Gully's Gang etc.

Recall starting at st pauls early seventies it seemed there was only two albion fans out of four classes but with the glory years coming along and us getting older we had 10 to 15 going to home and away games,to be honest it was more trendy to follow brighton than chelsea/leeds:ascarf: By the time i was 16 we were filling a whole coach with 16/17 year olds leaving the older guys on thier coaches.:smokin:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If I had 72p for every person I saw in town on Boxing Day wearing Chelsea hats, coats etc. I'd have a hell of a lot of 72ps. If you're going to be a plastic and throw your lot in with a Premiership team at least support one with a bit of bloody soul rather than going along with all the other lemmings who've been down to SportsDirect.com for their tedious Chelsea merchandise. Even the team I detest more than any other on the planet - THFC - would be more interesting than Chelsea, or how about Man City? or Blackpool even?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
East Croydon station is teaming with Chelsea fans after a home game, Palace have bigger problems in that way.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I would put money their is 3 times as many chelsea here in reading than brighton,although these fans are not really fans are they.:D

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would you pay more than £25 to watch Leicester cos I certainly wouldnt but I do see your point.

As far as I can make out BHA are expecting to oversell season tickets as it is so why reduce prices, by the way I get OAP. so I can laugh about it. When we first went to Withdean I argued with DK and said Ben would never buy a childs season ticket at Falmer and was told I was talking rubbish he would, but Ben is now 16. Not DK fault I know but still true.

I respect your sentiment Brighton TID but these people wouldn't actually support a local football team in then sense that they would actually attend matches and enjoy the passion of the live game cheering on their local club. Generally they 'support' Chelsea, Man U or whoever because it brings a degree of (albeit misguided) success in their lives by saying they follow a successful club and is something they do in front of the TV at home. It's two completely different things....so I tend not to concern myself with it or believe they are doing the wrong thing.
...the nation asks, why when you are born and bred in Sussex by the sea do you choose to support a London based football club, bank rolled by a bearded Russian fellow, that were once trendy to support but like all trends blow out like hurricane winds across the Atlantic?
Why?
And why do you make your Chavalan clothed children support same said team when they were born within pissing distance of the South Downs?
Why?
Get real, pack up your false plastic Christmas tree and make the New Year one you can FEEL in your heart and not just read about in the Sun.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The one's who irritate me are, like a chap at work, the ones who say "I'm not supporting the Albion while they're in that craphole Withdean. I'll come back when they're at Falmer"... He's currently a Chelsea fan but will be first in line for his season ticket at Falmer next year.

Now I would never complain about fans coming back to the Albion and I'm glad he is, but its picking up and putting down football clubs depending on their success that really gets me.

Still, its the way football is now.

On the other hand, I think some Chelsea fans get a rough deal. I know people who have supported them since the 70's who still get tarred with the 'Glory-hunter brush'. Mind you, I wouldn't mind suffering that if we were consistently challenging for the Premier League etc.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Abramovich's ex (sp?) lives at Rogate, so I suppose there is a vague Sussex link there (he used to, before he went off with some other Russian bird). When I was first getting into football, Chelsea were a struggling Second Division side, getting no more than 14,000 at Stamford Bridge. On the way back from Gillingham last season, we met some Chelsea fans at Victoria, and asked them where they were when they were, er, not very good.

P.S. I must admit that until 1985 I was a Spurs fan, as were most of my mates at Ardingly (though there was a large Albion contingent there). I got my dad to take me to Albion v Wimbledon at the end of 1984 (sitting in the Lego stand), and the seed was sown. The Hull FA Cup game (last minute winner by Terry Connor I think) got me hooked. Funnily enough, I have quite strong Arsenal links in my background (maternal grandfather and uncle - son from his first marriage) hailed from Kensal Green in North London, but I have never supported Arsenal even though I admire how they play and they were a pleasure to watch last night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Abramovich's ex (sp?) lives at Rogate, .

She lived with him in what was Kerry Packers house and land and when he owned it it was in Stedham and he used to throw a party at the end of the polo season for all the people of Stedham. When Abramovich bought it the people of Rogate said he lived in Rogate because it boosted their snobby ego. Rogate is about 3 miles from where he lived and about 1/2 mile from Stedham.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
What pisses me off is Sports Direct only sell Arsenal. Chelski, Liverpool , Coventry ?? Derby ?? etc, merchandise and not your local teams clobber

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What pisses me off is Sports Direct only sell Arsenal. Chelski, Liverpool , Coventry ?? Derby ?? etc, merchandise and not your local teams clobber

All about profit. Nationwide shop for nationwide people. For 'nationwide people' read plastic football fans.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
More Chelsea shirts in Tunbridge Wells than anything else by a mile. The odd Brighton shirt. It makes me die inside a little bit every time I see one. OK - Brighton isn't the nearest club but there are LOTS of clubs worthy of support (almost) round here that are far more interesting than Chelski.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here