Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An NSC Olympic Squad?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm your track and field man (when fit) Out of shape at the minute but in hard training again now. PB's as follows:

100m: 12.4
200m: 25.1
400m: 56.0
800m: 2:43.1
1500m: 4.54.6
110mH: 17.9
400mH: 59.18 (and county champion in 2005)
3000mS/C: 12:03.1
PV: 2.90m
HJ: 1.46m
LJ: 4.62m
TJ: 10.57m
SP: 7.03m
Discus: 21.39m
Hammer: 23.40m
Javelin: 28.58m

gah! thought my incredibly frustrating 5.01 in the 1500m might have been good enough on here :p (got it 3 times and a 5.03 unless was other way round)

swam at county level but never made final 8 in south of England. Never top swimmer in county but top 4 entirity of secondary school.

would give the kayaking a proper shout too I'd expect but not much else. Marked Gareth Barry out the game for 45 mins at school though we were 6-0 down by halftime (7-2 end of game once parker took all their best players off) :facepalm:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I ran 12 seconds something in the 100m at school, and jumped 12m something in triple jump, I think. I was also quite good at basketball, but unfortunately didn't grow much from the age of about 14 onwards, whereas people I was as tall and as good as did, and some of them have now played for England.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
We're full of sporting talent here.

Most of the Bracknell clan have competed at some time in the World Toad In The Hole Championships. To say nothing of the World Pea Throwing Championships.

I won a beach skittles tournament in Newquay, when I was fourteen. The prize was a fancy cigarette lighter.

And, a couple of years back, the teaboy represented Great Britain in the European Triathlon Championships.

And, finally, I got very drunk at Brendan Foster's 21st birthday party - but I don't expect that counts for much.

I'd just like to qualify that as for my Age Group, not Elite level (and certainly not elite level on the day!!). Having said that, I could bring my own Team GB kit! :)

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
For summer: Football and Badminton. Although fast, I was never the quickest.
For winter: Snowboarding

:)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
3:40 marathon runner here. Not in [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]'s class but I've still got a year to catch his time before I'm 41. ;-)

I can also juggle firetorches, so when someone makes juggling an Olympic sport, you can get back to me. :thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Hmm, I play a bit of rugby (winger, centre, emergency flanker), so I could be in the NSC Rugby Sevens team for Rio 2016.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did a 5K PB of 17-27 last autumn. Personally pleased but won't hold my breath; Mo Farah will probably complete his lap of honour at a similar pace.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I can also juggle firetorches, so when someone makes juggling an Olympic sport, you can get back to me. :thumbsup:

You can carry the flame.

I didn't really think through what I started here. Does anyone fancy working through what we have for each event?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have no relevant experience whatsoever, but can I be the coach for the women's beach volleyball team?

I am pretty sure I understand the selection criteria and would be more than happy to undertake the arduous but necessary process.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I played basketball and football for Sussex back in the day.

Oh, and I won the girls' javelin competition on my school sports day a couple of times, without ever looking like Fatima Whitbread (I hope).

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Grass Hockey Olympic Devlopment Programme

County level and played for East Grinstead seconds at 17.

27 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here