Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An attempt to make the Withdean music more 'representative..'

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I have had a long think about this.
Seems lots of people like the stuff I'm playing but quite a few don't.
Now it is absolutely true that you can't please all the people all the time but I want to have a damned good try.
It's wrong to think I'm just playing what I like: I'm playing what I think will make a good atmosphere AND what I like. And, more importantly, what I've got. Which is a massive CD collection, not to everyone's taste.

Ultimately, like everyone, I want to make the atmosphere at Withdean as good as possible in the circumstances!
Now we have the opportunity of getting some CDs from HMV. (I have never taken this up, 'cos I don't want to be accused of using the Albion to blag free CDs!) But it seems the right time to throw this one around. Let's take advantage of it.

Suggest one good, well known track I never play (and may not know) which you think would REALLY improve the atmosphere at Withdean. Tell me what CD it's on. When you see someone else's suggestion you like, back them up. The most often requested ones will get bought & played. And for those who like what I'm playing now I'll carry on playing that too.
Over to you.
Attila

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
The track we ran out to at Cardiff. Its on the Kill Bill soundtrack somewhere.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Don't get to Withdean much so can't comment on what you usually play. But for something new how about something for all the people that moan all game at Withdean.

The Zutons - Confusion (the one that goes "i shoudl have loved you better...)

Its a good tune and people will know it because it's on that Peugeot advert.

(not sure how inspiring and uplifting it would be though).

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Please play Thats Entertainment before kick off on Saturday, Please.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round baby

found on all 80s CDs

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
how about Girls on Film. Duran Duran.....a classic

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. That upbeat synthy 80s version of Sussex by the Sea that used to get played at the Goldstone at about 2.45pm in between tannoy announcements etc.

2. Long Tall Sally or indeed anything else by Little Richard. Because Little Richard is fucxing superb.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Atilla - why not compile an NSC poll from the suggestions, and tailor your playlist accordingly.

Alternatively if all you get is shite suggestions (of which there is a distinct possibility), then how about putting your own selection of a variety of, say, 10-15 tracks into a poll which you reckon will appeal, and see how the voting goes.

OK, it IS only representative of the geeks, freaks, retards and clowns that reside on this website (and I include myself in that description - file me under any of them, or all 4) but at least it is a more "democratic" selection of choons from a pretty diverse bunch of oddballs.

Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Icy Gull said:
James - Sit down

Good call

or U2

Where the streets have no name

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Oh yes... and "Paintball's Coming Home" by Half Man Half Biscuit. It should make the Withdean residents feel right at home!

Attila, perhaps we could all burn you a compilation CD and post it to you and you could give them a spin?

*conveniently forgets about PRS and stuff*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here