Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An Apology from a Palace fan

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Last night I found myself walking past the away end at the end of the game and was subject to a large amount of verbal abuse from Crystal Palace fans...To my suprise a palace fan in his 40's then came over to me and appologised saying "I'm sorry, we have a large amount of Dickheads that follow our club"

Respect to him, as it was a very decent thing to do and very impressive that he has such an accurate view of those he was with and clearly embarrased oon their behalf

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The way they were allowed to gather at the bottom of the steps was shoddy. I saw a few people in wheelchairs waiting for the lift who looked worried. If it had kicked off there, they would have been right in the middle of it. If you are not going to hold fans in, fine, but move them on.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As do we have a huge number of DICKHEADS too. I want to beat Palace on the pitch, I really am bored of this willy waving, neanderthal 'oi you muggy )unts' type culture. Every Palace fan I have ever met or worked with have been top, top blokes. It is good to have a bit of banter but I would be happy to share a pint and a chat after the match with away fans of any club. Call me a sad loser if you want but that is the way I see it.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
As do we have a huge number of DICKHEADS too. I want to beat Palace on the pitch, I really am bored of this willy waving, neanderthal 'oi you muggy )unts' type culture. Every Palace fan I have ever met or worked with have been top, top blokes. It is good to have a bit of banter but I would be happy to share a pint and a chat after the match with away fans of any club. Call me a sad loser if you want but that is the way I see it.

I completely agree!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

I have to agree, there is no desire to be abusive in their direction. Banter is what it's all about, any more than joking and singing and you fall into the Dickhead category as far as I'm concerned

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Classy behaviour. :thumbsup:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
To me it is the same as players on the pitch, they should work hard, fight for the ball, crash into tackles if needs be but at the end of it everyone shakes hands. In the stands there should be banter, trying to outsing, outwit each other, chants about each other but at the final whistle everyone should be able to get on a train or bus without the fear of getting a smack round the ear.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
great post.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

100% this

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Agree with you too,hopefully most of our dickheads have been arrested and banned.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant

Completely agree Wilko

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Absolutely right. I'd much rather spend an evening with a Palace fan who like us has chosen to attend games of their local club, rather than chatting with a "Southern Manc" who "supports ManUre" from their sofa or the local.

Respect to the guy who follows his local team, whether that's Brighton, Palace or Pompey. Doesn't mean I want to beat them any less, but I have absolutely no row whatever with the fans themselves. Why would I, they are us, but a few miles up the M23.

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton

Great post. One of my closest friends is a Palace fan, and other than one (slightly smug - understandably) text message last night, he's completely left me to my pain today. I can 100 per cent guarantee that I wouldn't be behaving quite so nobly today if the result had been the other way around.

Absolutely, great post

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

good post mate, my brother and his boys are Palace through and through but dont attend matches, but apprecaite and like the fact I am a Brighton fan through and through and attend every home game and some away, we had good banter at the weekend and then nothing last night or today as they no I would be hurting, I respect that and have no beef with any of them, I love the rivalry and will always want them to lose and struggle, but without Palace we dont have a decent derby which is what we all want

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well done that Palace supporter.

There were - rather predictably - dickheads a-plenty out & about last night, but even then I wholeheartedly believe that the vast majority of football supporters are thankfully able to put the hostilities to one side when they leave through the stadium exits. At the end of the day it's a game, not a f***ing war: & people who believe otherwise need to have a very long, hard look at themselves.

ps Top comments there Wilko. I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Couldn't have said it better.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Yay!!!i fear sanity is breaking out...?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus

You said los....

...No I can't do it.

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here