Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amir khan - cock of the highest order!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Anyone else hear Amir Khan's interview this afternoon on 5 Live Drive show?

Having briefly spoken about Sat nights fight, the presenter asked him about the story about the free tickets given out to the Anglian Regiment troops. To my utter dismay all Khan was worried about was having the record put staight about how it was his promoters idea to give out the tickets and that he knew nothing about it. Intially the presenter picked up on this but then let him off the hook.

The question she let him avoid was whether he personally agreed with the gesture which ironically much of the todays press were praising him for. Bottom line is that it came across a poorly veiled attempt not to alienate his Asian fan base who may have sympathies with those who protested in Luton last week or generally disagree with current military ops abroad. Bottom line is that Khan is probably a hero to many young Asians and as such can play a role in trying to fight the few extremists who are on a mission to poison the minds of the perfectly respectable and law abiding Asians in our communities. Quite frankly he came across as pig shit thick and i was annoyed that he was not pushed on his opinion and had it explained to him that by not supporting the gesture ,it could come across to many (as it did to me) that he condoned the Luton protest in particular.

And whilst i'm at it, Whoopy Do that he beat a legend past his sell by date. After the cruel exposure of his last fight they fed him Barrera (aided by Don King) who in his prime would have beaten him with without breaking a sweat. Now all of a sudden he's a world beater again thanks to Freddie Roach. Cobblers! His lack of defence and a glass chin will be shown up when he finally meets some class opposition.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Pretty much spot on.

Yet we live in a world of hype.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else hear Amir Khan's interview this afternoon on 5 Live Drive show?

Having briefly spoken about Sat nights fight, the presenter asked him about the story about the free tickets given out to the Anglian Regiment troops. To my utter dismay all Khan was worried about was having the record put staight about how it was his promoters idea to give out the tickets and that he knew nothing about it. Intially the presenter picked up on this but then let him off the hook.

The question she let him avoid was whether he personally agreed with the gesture which ironically much of the todays press were praising him for. Bottom line is that it came across a poorly veiled attempt not to alienate his Asian fan base who may have sympathies with those who protested in Luton last week or generally disagree with current military ops abroad. Bottom line is that Khan is probably a hero to many young Asians and as such can play a role in trying to fight the few extremists who are on a mission to poison the minds of the perfectly respectable and law abiding Asians in our communities. Quite frankly he came across as pig shit thick and i was annoyed that he was not pushed on his opinion and had it explained to him that by not supporting the gesture ,it could come across to many (as it did to me) that he condoned the Luton protest in particular.

And whilst i'm at it, Whoopy Do that he beat a legend past his sell by date. After the cruel exposure of his last fight they fed him Barrera (aided by Don King) who in his prime would have beaten him with without breaking a sweat. Now all of a sudden he's a world beater again thanks to Freddie Roach. Cobblers! His lack of defence and a glass chin will be shown up when he finally meets some class opposition.

So, let me get this straight. Amir Khan was asked about a story regarding free tickets. And he then explained exactly and clearly what happened.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
So, let me get this straight. Amir Khan was asked about a story regarding free tickets. And he then explained exactly and clearly what happened.

Sorry but you really needed to hear the tone and delivery of his response. He was very edgy and laboured a point that wasn't required if he was just simply correcting a simple press reporting error. It was this factor which initially the presenter claerly picked up on but then it was almost like you could hear the studio producer saying "don't push it with our sporting hero"

Stumpy Tim

That's funny, because before the fight everyone was saying Khan was going to lose easily. Can't win really can he

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fight should have been stopped as a no contest immediately Barrerra got the cut on his head. Granted it was an accidental clash of heads that could have gone either way but there is no way that they should have allowed the fight to continue in order to give a ' technical' result of who was leading at the time because at the time of the injury nobody was leading. Barrerra could not have been expected to have been able to see to offer a fight, which is exactly what happened, he couldnt see, he couldnt fight.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
slightly OT but was good to see the news last night showing results of a survey of the Iraqi people. Basically in a nut shell they were mostly optimistic of the future and felt secure in their countrys, few other questions posed recieved positive answers. All in all pretty much justifys that the war was for the long term good. Not that the hippy pot smoking student protestors will take any notice.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
He's a boxer not a politiician. I bet you'd be criticizing him if he gave a smooth politician's answer ...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I did hear the interview and think he came across as honest. He didn't know anything about the tickets and quite rightly did not accept the credit for the gesture being made by his promoter. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know why that regiment was chosen as he has been in training for his last bout.

Seems to me you don't like the guy so you are looking for reasons to have a pop at him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I did hear the interview and think he came across as honest. He didn't know anything about the tickets and quite rightly did not accept the credit for the gesture being made by his promoter. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't even know why that regiment was chosen as he has been in training for his last bout.

Seems to me you don't like the guy so you are looking for reasons to have a pop at him.

Whilst I have not heard the interview personally this is how most people I know seem to have interpreted it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
slightly OT but was good to see the news last night showing results of a survey of the Iraqi people. Basically in a nut shell they were mostly optimistic of the future and felt secure in their countrys, few other questions posed recieved positive answers. All in all pretty much justifys that the war was for the long term good. Not that the hippy pot smoking student protestors will take any notice.

Did they survey the 1.5m + refugees who have fled to neighbouring countries and/or the many thousands (tops 1m according to some sources) that have been killed?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here