Left a padded plastic seat in your wake,
Before Shaw’s handball gave us the vital break,
You heard the roar from down the way,
You paid in full, but you didn’t stay.
Amexodus

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Gotta be a few gutted with their decisions. Especially those going West with the train carnage

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I hate travel difficulties but would personally not ever leave a match early. It's a lot of effort to get to the game, not to mention very costly as well and the risk of missing a finish like that is too great. That was a very good game of football last night even if it ended 0-0 but to win it like that made it one of the best moments this year in a year full of wonderful moments.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Looked like everyone who could, stayed to me. Loads still there at the end. Bitching about early leavers is a tired old trope now. Get over it. Some have to leave early. We stayed to the end and got home around 11.30. Too late for some, others were later and plenty had early starts in the morning.

Last edited:

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
This is one of those things where my brain seizes up in bafflement and frustration. I can't see how anyone making the effort to go in the first place would leave before the end. Regardless of travel issues I couldn't comprehend missing a minute of any game.
As usual we missed the first, maybe second tranche of park and ride buses and stood there bloody ages. So what. As is the case every game.

Particularly sad to see so many empty seats for such an incredible end to a game.

Bryanw42

Nov 8, 2021
Epsom
Looked like everyone who could, stayed to me. Loads still there at the end. Bitching about early leavers is a tired old trope now. Get over it. Some have to leave early. We stayed to the end and got home around 11.1.30. Too late for some, others were later and plenty had early stats in the morn
But if worried about the late finish maybe don't go?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even without hindsight it was clearly going to be a game with travel 'difficulties'.

So I took a bike, drove over, then cycled in the last couple of miles.

Easy peasy - I left just after the players left the pitch.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Even without hindsight it was clearly going to be a game with travel 'difficulties'.

So I took a bike, drove over, then cycled in the last couple of miles.

Easy peasy - I left just after the players left the pitch.
Never seen so many bikes after a game at the Amex. Did spot one rider with lovely flowing hair though.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is one of those things where my brain seizes up in bafflement and frustration. I can't see how anyone making the effort to go in the first place would leave before the end. Regardless of travel issues I couldn't comprehend missing a minute of any game.
As usual we missed the first, maybe second tranche of park and ride buses and stood there bloody ages. So what. As is the case every game.

Particularly sad to see so many empty seats for such an incredible end to a game.
Yes, it is frustrating but at such a late time some folk have to make transport deadlines to get home or not at all. We do need to be sympathetic to individual circumstances.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

It is no different at any other club. Some away games I have been to this season has seen home fans pouring out at 85 min. That can result in missing 10 minutes!! The London Stadium is like a fire drill at times.
Most fans are different at away games. Always stay to the bitter end. Made the effort to travel a long way, so gonna see it through to the finish. Half Time is always a tricky one. If you wait to the end of the first half and are hungry/thirsty or need a pee, you then run the risk of huge toilet/refreshment queues and not seeing the start of the second half. There are those who sit near me, who always wait to the end of the first half but come back 2-3-4 mins into the second half.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Way, way more there at the end than usual. Late ko increasing numbers on trains, school night etc so can understand why some would decide to do it I guess - but don’t we absolutely live as fans for moments like that ? Mac’s pen being slammed in is going to be one of the top highlights of the season…..personally the thought of being stood in a train queue hearing the colossal roar and then trying to get a signal on my phone to find out what happened doesn’t appeal. Each to their own though - think it’s become a habit for many and they’ll leave at a certain time no matter what the state of the game.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ok, so you want 5 or 6,000 empty seats from the start instead?

Wouldn't it just be easier to accept that the travel situation isn't ideal for a lot of people, especially with an extra late kick off?
And adding to this surely 3-5k leaving early eases the congestion a little for those who stay till the end , win win I say

barbus_max bhafc

Dec 12, 2021
Worthing
Such a shame so many of our leaving supporters missed all the fun in those that 5 minutes of normal time and the 9+ mins of added on time - immense effort from the lads tonight and a fantastic and deserved win

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Leaving before the end is only surpassed by those that clap their attendance when it's announced, wtf is that about?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If you leave a game early, you deserve everything you get.

Having said that I have sympathy with those who have got kids and have to get them home at a reasonable time.

All evening kick offs 7:45 or better 7:30 please

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It is no different at any other club. Some away games I have been to this season has seen home fans pouring out at 85 min. That can result in missing 10 minutes!! The London Stadium is like a fire drill at times.
Most fans are different at away games. Always stay to the bitter end. Made the effort to travel a long way, so gonna see it through to the finish. Half Time is always a tricky one. If you wait to the end of the first half and are hungry/thirsty or need a pee, you then run the risk of huge toilet/refreshment queues and not seeing the start of the second half. There are those who sit near me, who always wait to the end of the first half but come back 2-3-4 mins into the second half.

Not last night!

😉

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Hey, guess what? I got tickets for that brilliant new play everyone’s talking about.”

“the one with the incredible plot twist at the end that you have to sign a set of papers not to spoil on social media? Lasts about 90 minutes or so?”

“Yeah, that’s the one. Want to come?”

“I’d love to but can we leave five minutes early? I’d hate to be queuing too long for the bus afterwards”

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Looked like everyone who could, stayed to me. Loads still there at the end. Bitching about early leavers is a tired old trope now. Get over it. Some have to leave early. We stayed to the end and got home around 11.1.30. Too late for some, others were later and plenty had early stats in the morning.
How bad are the trains that you're not expecting to be home for another 7 years???

I had to leave early last night. Didn't want to, was gutted I had to and was even more gutted when it played out as it did, but I simply had no choice in the matter. Judge me all you want, you can't feel any worse about me than I do about myself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here