Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel fears

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Over the last few days I have been to the imtech arena (hamburg) & wembley stadium.
On both occastions my journey home was awful.

The only transport from the imtech arena is a shuttle bus that takes you to the arena train station about 3 miles away.
When I arrived at the pick up point I soon realised that joining the cue of several thousand people for the bus would have taken forever so decided to walk to the train station.
After the 40 minuete walk I was greeted by a cue at the station that took 30 minuetes just to get on the platform then a 40 min train journey to central hamburg.In total it took over 2hrs to get from the imtech arena to hamburg
Central station.

When I visited wembley stadium last night I paid £28 for stadium parking.
Yet I took us over 2hrs to get out of wembley.

If this is how transport is managed at these big venues then I think
we have nothing to worry about at the AMEX.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My wife and daughter went to wembley on monday and didnt have a problem they got home to bexhill three hours after the concert finished - pretty good I think

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
While we've bought the travel voucher booklets - which seem an excellent deal - we'll be trying out the transport options over the first few games like many people I suspect. Likely to be train or bus, or some combination of the two, although we may look at the coach option if it's possible to use the vouchers with a travel season ticket.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I'm going to bike it for the summer and autumn months despite living next to London road train station.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
They drove to Orpington, parked at the station, train to London Bridge, Jubilee to Wembley Park - reverse route home.

They were on the lower level, but did not leave early

Looks like you were well prepared.How long did it take to get through wembley park?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here