Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Ticket Office!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Maybe I caught them during a poo period! They do a great job but just feel the girl behind the desk needed a hand! Will get the internet working in furture!:blush:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Just a query not a whinge... Anyone know why it's £2 dearer to buy online? Seems a high % charge to me... Happy to stand corrected on this one.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I got there at 1530hrs after cycling over The Downs and there was a queue. The phones were busy the whole time so that's why people had difficulty getting through. It's a God send being able to buy tickets at the Amex as opposed to having to go into town. I think all those at the ticket offices deserve our thanks.

It's shit for me, I live about 100 yards from the queens road office.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Went in to the ticket office at 1400hrs today to get tickets for Sunderland game as can never get through on the phone! Now i know why.

I could see a queue 12 people long being served by a lone female with one lone member of staff who appeared to be manning the Albion ticket line with another sitting there printing tickets. It took almost 35 minutes to get seen!

I never expected to see so many people in the store at 1400hrs on a tuesday afternoon, but surely there must be more they could do in the way of customer service! Awful service in reality for the amount of enquiries people were making and the way we have moved forward! Its now a big store and bigger club and needs more than one ticket sales person!

To top it off a male was refused tickets as he was not a season ticket holder for the sunderland game but then re-appeared 5 minutes later with a member of staff who printed him out some tickets for him!

Im sure it won't be a sell out but surely rules and procedures are in place for the folks who make a regular effort! Others in the queue then started questioning the application for ticket procedure!

punk:

Completely off topic and just out of curiosity, are you a policeman? I only ask because you said 1400hrs twice, instead of 2pm, and you described someone as a 'male' rather than a man/bloke/chap.

Perfectly reasonable way to talk, of course, but in my experience it's always policemen who talk like this so I just wondered.

Edit: Feel free not to answer, obviously!

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I went in on Monday afternoon, probably had to queue for about 10 mins to get my Cardiff tickets. Did get to say hello to M. Kuipers walking into the stadium though!!!

In defense of the club/ticket office, I think they are hoping that a lot more fans buy online which is a lot quicker and cheaper!!!! It was MY fault that I left it too late to order the Cardiff tickets to be posted and so had to make a trip in there. Any time I have ordered online for Gillingham/Sunderland or Portsmouth, was very easy to do it within the time scales given and at worst, had to refresh five times to be able to log on.

No complaints here, think the ticket office do a great job!

I agree that the staffing must be difficult, and that once you deal with the staff they are very helpful and politie. The problem is that they are clearly not getting a high enough proportion of web sales at the moment.

This isn't helped by 3 things 1 the website does not appear to be reliable enough 2 Some of us still don't find the system intuitive enough to use easily (putting it as politiely as I can, I suspect 2 is more common than 1!) 3 For cup games season ticket holders are subject to the web tax of £2 which means that myself and my familly go in to the ticket office to avoid this (though clearly theri is lost revenue if they waived the fee...)

I have mailed the club to suggest that they put some tutorial videos on youtube/the ticket site and they waive the fee... hopefully there will be even bigger games that this in cup competitions this season! :)

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The problem is that WE are all used to dealing with a ticketing system that was ony dealing with a maximum of 8500 or so tickets for home games to sell in a temporary ground. Now we are selling 22500 in a state of the art stadium with a much more sophsiticated ticketing system that EVERYONE wants to get to. Just need to get used to the new ways of doing it thats all

Had to problems with the online service meself

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I went to the queen's road shop on my way home on monday, got there around 5, there were three people sat behind the counter with a fourth telling them about the overlow line for sunderland tickets. One guy was being served, the others were waiting to serve, so I was seen immediately.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
My eldest lad is working at the ticket office as a temp student summer job and he and colleagues have been working their socks off the last few weeks. For example, he is an STH but missed the first 15 mins if the Gills game last week to make sure all those collecting tickets had theirs.

I think the point about the variable demand for tix day-to-day is a good one. It must be difficult to predict exactly when extra resources are needed.

PG

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
i have no problem with it, it get there bright and early. otherwise, i do it online, bright and early.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I1!) 3 For cup games season ticket holders are subject to the web tax of £2 which means that myself and my familly go in to the ticket office to avoid this (though clearly theri is lost revenue if they waived the fee...)

As much as I disagree with the £2 fee, unless you are within walking distance surely it costs £2 or more to go to the ticket office

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not so much a moan but a get another member of staff! It was only tuesday afternoon aswell? Now i know why it must be crazy before the game to get tickets etc! Most other grounds have several ticket points or booths! But we just have seem to have 1 point of sale for a 22000 seat stadium. Just feel it needs improving! There were more working on the tills for the shop!

But 18,500 of those have season tickets (and can therefore easily buy on line) and 2,500 of the balance are sold by the away team. What other grounds have you been to midweek when there isn't a game and have found more than one ticketing booth/outlet, out of interest?

I went in on Monday afternoon, probably had to queue for about 10 mins to get my Cardiff tickets. Did get to say hello to M. Kuipers walking into the stadium though!!!

In defense of the club/ticket office, I think they are hoping that a lot more fans buy online which is a lot quicker and cheaper!!!! It was MY fault that I left it too late to order the Cardiff tickets to be posted and so had to make a trip in there. Any time I have ordered online for Gillingham/Sunderland or Portsmouth, was very easy to do it within the time scales given and at worst, had to refresh five times to be able to log on.

No complaints here, think the ticket office do a great job!

No it's not, if you buy online, you pay an extra £2 - if you go into the shop, you don't!

I don't think the Albion understand yet the benifits to them of people paying online.
Most people I know who live anywhere near either shop waste the time of the staff
in order to save £2!

There may well be a £2 charge so the shop is handy if you don't have to pay to actually get there. A lot of albion's support are from outside of Brighton so the trip to the Amex to buy your ticket would probably cost more than £2 anyway. Also, does the £2 apply per ticket or per transaction. ie if you are buying for several friends (who will presumably reimburse you) you only pay one transaction fee?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Just a query not a whinge... Anyone know why it's £2 dearer to buy online? Seems a high % charge to me... Happy to stand corrected on this one.

charge imposed by the credit card companies to cover the cost of processing the transaction

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They need to get as many people as possible with smartcards, that's what needs to happen. Save all these people having to queue and that.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Slightly off-topic, but anyway.

I was at Moulsecoomb station on Saturday and there was a large silver 'pole' in the waiting area, that had a couple of wires running into it. Obviously something else to be connected to it.

There is already a ticket machine there so will this be one of those points to buy Albion tickets and charge up smart-cards? Do any of the people in the know know?

Ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here