Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Ticket Office!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Went in to the ticket office at 1400hrs today to get tickets for Sunderland game as can never get through on the phone! Now i know why.

I could see a queue 12 people long being served by a lone female with one lone member of staff who appeared to be manning the Albion ticket line with another sitting there printing tickets. It took almost 35 minutes to get seen!

I never expected to see so many people in the store at 1400hrs on a tuesday afternoon, but surely there must be more they could do in the way of customer service! Awful service in reality for the amount of enquiries people were making and the way we have moved forward! Its now a big store and bigger club and needs more than one ticket sales person!

To top it off a male was refused tickets as he was not a season ticket holder for the sunderland game but then re-appeared 5 minutes later with a member of staff who printed him out some tickets for him!

Im sure it won't be a sell out but surely rules and procedures are in place for the folks who make a regular effort! Others in the queue then started questioning the application for ticket procedure!

punk:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
I was in there about half an hour after you, queued for about 15 mins. However, there were about 3 people at the counter, 1 bloke on the phone.

Had a bit of an awkward query which took a while to get sorted. However, staff were polite, and the queue behind me still moved quite quickly.

No complaints here.

I got there at 1530hrs after cycling over The Downs and there was a queue. The phones were busy the whole time so that's why people had difficulty getting through. It's a God send being able to buy tickets at the Amex as opposed to having to go into town. I think all those at the ticket offices deserve our thanks.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Not so much a moan but a get another member of staff! It was only tuesday afternoon aswell? Now i know why it must be crazy before the game to get tickets etc! Most other grounds have several ticket points or booths! But we just have seem to have 1 point of sale for a 22000 seat stadium. Just feel it needs improving! There were more working on the tills for the shop!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club have organised an extra telephone line to help cope, 0844 2492011, which might speed things up a bit.

Not so much a moan but a get another member of staff! It was only tuesday afternoon aswell? Now i know why it must be crazy before the game to get tickets etc! Most other grounds have several ticket points or booths! But we just have seem to have 1 point of sale for a 22000 seat stadium. Just feel it needs improving! There were more working on the tills for the shop!

So when you raised your concerns with Paul McGowan, the Club's ticket office manager, what did he say?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I went in to the Queens Road office on Monday pm and it was fairly busy but service was efficient. I notice they don't sell away tickets there anymore though.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
No but I THINK they only do home tix now and not aways.

this is correct, they only do home matches now and this is the reason I have to pay on the day at Cardiff...couldn't get to the Amex before I left Brighton a few days ago but could have easily gotten to Queen's Road...shame

also when I phoned the ticketline at 9.30 this morning I was in queue position 28! took an hour to get through!

I'm sure that an organisation with an annual turnover of more than £10 million will realise soon that it makes sense to have a few more customer-facing staff at the point of sale.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The problem is that they'll be days like today when loads of people will want to buy tickets but then they'll be other days when there are little or no punters. Can't be easy to manage.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I went in on Monday afternoon, probably had to queue for about 10 mins to get my Cardiff tickets. Did get to say hello to M. Kuipers walking into the stadium though!!!

In defense of the club/ticket office, I think they are hoping that a lot more fans buy online which is a lot quicker and cheaper!!!! It was MY fault that I left it too late to order the Cardiff tickets to be posted and so had to make a trip in there. Any time I have ordered online for Gillingham/Sunderland or Portsmouth, was very easy to do it within the time scales given and at worst, had to refresh five times to be able to log on.

No complaints here, think the ticket office do a great job!

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Went in to the ticket office at 1400hrs today to get tickets for Sunderland game as can never get through on the phone! Now i know why.

I could see a queue 12 people long being served by a lone female with one lone member of staff who appeared to be manning the Albion ticket line with another sitting there printing tickets. It took almost 35 minutes to get seen!

Just thought i'd let you know I rung up to get Sunderland tickets today and was only position 3 - Took 10 mins :)

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Well, I went in the shop at about half one yesterday, queued up and was served in under 5mins to get Sunderland tickets. What's wrong with that? At that point there were two people on the phone, one serving and then a young lady appeared from out the back and served me. Jesus, I remember the Goldstone days when there was one queue round the block.... What a now, now, now, me, me, me generation we have become.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
In defense of the club/ticket office, I think they are hoping that a lot more fans buy online which is a lot quicker and cheaper!!!!

No it's not, if you buy online, you pay an extra £2 - if you go into the shop, you don't!

I don't think the Albion understand yet the benifits to them of people paying online.
Most people I know who live anywhere near either shop waste the time of the staff
in order to save £2!

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
So when you raised your concerns with Paul McGowan, the Club's ticket office manager, what did he say?

As soon as I've sent the e-mail and received a reply I will let you know!

I too remember the queues of the goldstone but this is a brand new stadium!

Unfortunately evertime I've attempted to call I've been no less than 10th in queue and not had time to stay on the line due to work.

-nternet never seems to work!

Just an extra member of staff during busy periods would be nice!

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
No Complaints About The Ticket Office From Me

Well I went in there with The Birdman at about 10.30 am yesterday and got served straight away. There must have been 4 or 5 over the counter staff and 2 on the phone. I suspect that some were maybe on a lunch break when you went in which is why you had to wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here