Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Season Tickets......

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Each 2010/11 Withdean season ticket holder will be allowed to buy there own priority seat at Amex, plus an additional three season tickets if required. The three additional season tickets do not have to be current season ticket holders.

Source: Tony Bloom at the Supporters Club AGM tonight.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't think that's very fair myself simply cos what about former STH? Current ones should come first then former then database etc.

Saying that I think we;ve got 15,500 STs available incl 1901 club so should be plenty to go around...

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
As already said there will be enough season tickets available for anyone that wants one, so not currently being a season ticket holder, this sounds like a decent way of trying to sell more tickets.

The more we sell the better.

BTW, any other interesting info from tonight?

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
You should give priority to STH who have been at Withdean since the beginning and not the ones who have just come out of the woodwork.
I hope the club has a database to achieve this?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Which focus group decided on that one?

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
I think there will plenty to go round, before we start throwing mud at eachother... such as...'I've been a STH longer than you so I should get a better priorty than you'.....i've went to 16 marches and went to every game at Gillingham that makes me a better fan than you......... crap......At the end of that day we are all Fans/supporters of Brighton, the only thing that matters now is that money is coming into the club. Who is sitting in that seat or what their past is....does it really matter...(iam a STH BTW)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
It's a selfish concern I know, but still waiting for news about the below (posted on Ask The Project Team)

I will want to bring my lad to the Amex, but I suspect that the Family stand is going to be the only place I can afford to sit in with him.

After over two decades of watching games from a decent view point, it'll be a bit hard to be enforced to sit in the corner of a stand (family stand at Amex) because the generous u16 prices will only apply for that area. Is there any way the club would consider allowing those dead cheap u16's prices across the whole stadium instead of in just one area.

I know the view in the family stand will be good, but it can't be underestimated how much the many mums and dads (who want to bring youngsters regularly) would like to have one of the even better seats in the main stand with their new young fans alongside them.. if that makes sense!!!

I suspect I know why I haven't had an answer...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
BTW, any other interesting info from tonight?

Someone asked that if Tony Bloom died unexpectedly (as per the Southampton chairman) would Falmer be secure. He confirmed that the stadium would be 100% financially secure as all funding has been ring fenced.

Pride have acknowledged that the Albion have moved home games to accommodate their event over the years and although it hasn't been confirmed, Martin Perry said that no objections have been raised by Albions request to play at home on August 6th and that Pride would be accommodating.

Tony Bloom reiterated that all pieces of Gus's strategy would be in place by the close of the window on August 31

Tony Bloom is confident that all season tickets would be sold for the first season at Falmer. Martin Perry said that every home game would have an allocation of tickets to be purchased if you were not a season ticket holder but these would be limited if all season tickets were sold.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
that is a bit lame, but I guess it depends if they offer past season ticket holders and regular match goers anything

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well it would make sense to stagger the sale of tickets so that the long term season ticket holders got priority. As they are sending out the information packs in October this should be perfectly feasible. They could invite STHs of 5 years or more in the first tranche and then the newer ones in the second tranche. Give them each a month to decide what they want to do and you would still be able to open season ticket sales to joe public at the start of the new year.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Well it would make sense to stagger the sale of tickets so that the long term season ticket holders got priority. As they are sending out the information packs in October this should be perfectly feasible. They could invite STHs of 5 years or more in the first tranche and then the newer ones in the second tranche. Give them each a month to decide what they want to do and you would still be able to open season ticket sales to joe public at the start of the new year.

I honestly don't think they need to be that picky. People seem to be thinking on a Withdean scale about this.

After 1901 and away seats there are 18,000 seats left to fill and we have roughly 4,000 current season ticket holders. That leaves a surplus of 14,000, that is a massive jump from current levels.

I think they have got it right in making it easier for current non STH to get a ticket, we need new blood to fill the seats. There's no need to panic about not getting one, as long as you get in quickly anyone who wants one will get one. I bet there's still STs available next june.

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
:albion1::albion1:
It's a selfish concern I know, but still waiting for news about the below (posted on Ask The Project Team)

I will want to bring my lad to the Amex, but I suspect that the Family stand is going to be the only place I can afford to sit in with him.

After over two decades of watching games from a decent view point, it'll be a bit hard to be enforced to sit in the corner of a stand (family stand at Amex) because the generous u16 prices will only apply for that area. Is there any way the club would consider allowing those dead cheap u16's prices across the whole stadium instead of in just one area.

I know the view in the family stand will be good, but it can't be underestimated how much the many mums and dads (who want to bring youngsters regularly) would like to have one of the even better seats in the main stand with their new young fans alongside them.. if that makes sense!!!

Couldnt agree with you more mate. I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning. See you tomorrow:albion2:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Did they mention anything about payment for season tickets?

I know its been done on here before, but my main concern is that I will pay my last installment for this year's ST at the start of October, and will then be asked to cough up immediately for Falmer...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I guess I should be in the same boat as you, as I have season tickets with my two lads, but I disagree entirely, to be honest.

If the club are happy to continue to offer such good deals for family tickets, they are perfectly entitled to decide which part of the ground to put them in.

Why should they give up premium seats on the halfway line in the main stand, for an U-10 who is paying £17 per SEASON? That's £400+ down the drain, and makes no sense at all.

Also - I want my kids in a family area - surrounded by other kids, rather than blokes screaming 'CUNT' every five minutes. If the deals were available everywhere, such an area would cease to exist.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

yup.

the answer is that if you want a better seat you will have to pay more.

the u-16 deal is VERY VERY good relative to the full ST price and as some on here have boasted it can be subject to abuse so can't really expect the club to go any further than they already have

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I guess I should be in the same boat as you, as I have season tickets with my two lads, but I disagree entirely, to be honest.

If the club are happy to continue to offer such good deals for family tickets, they are perfectly entitled to decide which part of the ground to put them in.

Why should they give up premium seats on the halfway line in the main stand, for an U-10 who is paying £17 per SEASON? That's £400+ down the drain, and makes no sense at all.

Also - I want my kids in a family area - surrounded by other kids, rather than blokes screaming 'CUNT' every five minutes. If the deals were available everywhere, such an area would cease to exist.

On balance, I think that's about right. Ideally you would want to go anywhere, but for that value the club shouldn't have to give up the very best seats.

I am in the boat of not being a STH this season, but potentially wanting to go in the family area from time to time next season. I don't really want to buy a ST to do that, as I wouldn't get full value for it, but if that was the only way I might have to. I hope it will be possible to get in the family section on a match by match basis.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

I do understand that view entirely - like I said - it's more about me being a bit selfish and wanting to sit in the main stand. I will right and willingly sit with my boy in the family stand though

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
:albion1::albion1:

Couldnt agree with you more mate. I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning. See you tomorrow:albion2:

Well if it comes to it, the 4 of us could try and make sure we sit in the Family Stand together!!! See you tomorrow mate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here