• Holland v Sussex in Amsterdam

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I am in a right old dilemma.
I hate pre season friendlies. Always have. Never go to them.
But this year its a proper team and its the first proper game at Falmer.
And it'll likely be the first chance for me to sit it that seat in that stadium.

However, on the very self same day its the Clydesdale cup match Sussex v Holland in Amsterdam. In Amsterdam for Bloom's sake!
Easy trip over there. Nice weekend. First time I'll ever have seen SCCC play overseas.

WTF am I supposed to do?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Amsterdam for me, flight and hotel booked for 4 nights :drink: :smokin:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If you choose Amsterdam, take lots of money. I was there last week and was paying around 6 euros a pint, couple that with the Euro being pretty much equal to a pound ATM, it's an expensive place to visit.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Couldn't give a toss about Spurs, but there's no way I'm missing the BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION opening ceremony at The Amex, friendly or not.

Not fussed about the football, but want to see all the pre match stuff on the pitch etc

Shame, because cricket would be a good laugh.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
The footballs just a friendly. First game of the season is where its at. Cricket all the way.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I don't want you wandering round Amsterdam with a video camera.

But if you insist, let us know when you get back.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Amsterdam for me, leave Friday, back Monday. Dunno how I got that one past the Mrs, 4 days for a 40 over match.:lol::kiss:
Then back for the big day the following Saturday:albion2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
amersterdam for me too - out friday on eurostar, back sunday

as long as im there for the first league game i couldnt give a toss about a friendly that will be the second game at the stadium - first league game is what its all about

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Is the Ajax tournament taking place that weekend?
afraid not it's the Johan Cruijff Schaal (Dutch charity shield) Sat night 8pm FC Twente v Ajax. If I get time Friday will try and get ticket.

Popped into Sussex shop at weekend apparently the game maybe free but a donation is payable to local cricket club, guy in ticket office thinks it's about 10euros. Netherlands v Yorkshire is on Sunday if you fancy more cricket.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
afraid not it's the Johan Cruijff Schaal (Dutch charity shield) Sat night 8pm FC Twente v Ajax. If I get time Friday will try and get ticket.

Popped into Sussex shop at weekend apparently the game maybe free but a donation is payable to local cricket club, guy in ticket office thinks it's about 10euros. Netherlands v Yorkshire is on Sunday if you fancy more cricket.

I'm not going now anyway!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here