Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex expansion, South West corner UPPER.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Sorry for starting another thread on this but I couldn’t find an answer on the OS or the numerous other threads regarding expansion.

I understand the West stand 1901 tier will wrap round the northern corner to meet up close to the control box. The expansion plans in the Saints programme suggests this will commence (subject to demand) in the summer of 2013.

Anyway, the plans also show the 1901 tier will also wrap round the new SOUTH West Corner but it doesn’t say whether this will be done this year or next, does anyone know it’s really bugging me!

Thank you!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Went past the corner in question today and they've taken down half the outside wall and have steel work in the concourse, this may just be the work on the new hospitality lounges and boxes so don't hold me to it but something BIG is happening there at least.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thanks for the responses fellas.

Still not entirely sure when it’s due for completion but I’m sure there was a photo showing preparation for the steel supports in the south west corner a month or so ago but it’s not available on the OS or on [MENTION=4645]bha[/MENTION]snappy photo set anymore.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know how conclusive this is, but if you look at the new stadium map on the tickets site that now features ESU and the two south corners you will see the WS middle tier has been extended by two blocks at the south end. If you throw in the fact there have been pictures of work going on in that area already this summer, I wouldn't mind betting it is going to be ready for August or very soon after. They haven't added any of the mid-season expansion (such as extending the WS middle tier at the north end), or the north corners that are planned for next summer, but the SW corner upper tier is clearly shown.

Isn't that bit supposed to be WAGS CORNER? (the seating attached to the players' lounge?)

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
Went past the corner in question today and they've taken down half the outside wall and have steel work in the concourse, this may just be the work on the new hospitality lounges and boxes so don't hold me to it but something BIG is happening there at least.

I think where they have removed the exterior brickwork is for the windows where the reception area will be

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think where they have removed the exterior brickwork is for the windows where the reception area will be

Maybe like I said I have no insider knowledge seemed like they were bricking it back up now mind?

Could this be Away hospitality?
Discussion of SW tiers: there is an extension of about 6 rows above the current wheelchair seating, part of the new SW corner going back to row AA- same as North? There is then an additional 1901 wrap which looks like it could have direct access to the Players Lounge- hence wags corner? Just hope they don't drop any expensive handbags on us plebs below.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here