Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex east stand brasserie report

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I went to the east stand brasserie pre game. We were met by an attractive 20 year old with blonde hair and very well spoken. Maybe a recruit from roedean school. A good start. The table overlooked the car park. The area has several screen showing sky and we saw the carling cup draw. The starter we had Thai fishcakes which were very good. I had the fish chips and peas which was very good. My friend had sausage and mash which was very average with some average looking bangers. He then had the crackers and cheese with a verg ample portion of cheese. This was all washed down an Argentinian red wine at £ 25 a pop the cheapest bottle being £ 19. The service was friendly and attentive. We left at 2.55pm and were in the seats in time. £ 30 a head for 3 courses. A good start to the afternoon and worth a try when it is £ 7 for a pie and a pint. Not perfect but and 8 out of 10. Give it a go for a treat. Recommended.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I misread this as a brassiere report.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Indeed. It's recommended as a treat and well worth trying. All in all a good effort from all.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheapest wine at £19! Blimey.

Think the menu was put up here not that long, US must be having a better time in life if he can afford a lunch like this - good news

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Pretty much in line with our experience pre-Spurs. Good service, good food, decent wine. Very slightly pricey, but surroundings are top notch, and it's two minutes from table to seat. By the way, if you want to try some average catering, go to Lords....£4.20 for a pint!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My friend paid as this is not the normal lifestyle of a mortgage broker anymore.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bring on the Flaming Ferrari's eh Uncle ?..... all this " Times are hard for a mortgage broker " does not reflect the fact that proportionaly, it is more expensive to borrow money now with a base rate of 0.5% than it was a few years ago when same rate was 4.5%.. I'd be interested to hear an explanation Mr brasserie tester ?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Whats the menu like? My old man and I are thinking of trying it out but he is probably the fussiest man in the world when it comes to food

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
How the hell do you know she was 20?
Was it on her namebadge, or were you just trying it on with her and she said "no chance old man, I'm only 20"? :lolol:

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Took my wife there for our anniversary on the Sunderland game. She was very impressed by service and food. The only downer is it has a bit of a canteen feel to it rather than a restaurant.

Worth a try....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you eat there if your seats are not in the East stand?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This sounds better than some of the reports I've heard from the 1901 west stand dining experience. You have choice.

Last edited:

Doc

Aug 15, 2011
I wanted to go after the game, but they didn't open because there was no other bookings.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here