Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex attendances next season

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If we get the required planning permission & put another tier on the east stand and fill in the corners in the south stand making our capacity around 28000.
Presuming we will be playing championship football because if we are in the premier league it would not be relevant.

what sort of crowds would we be averaging next season.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
23500 still in the championship...

with an increased capacity i fully expect season ticket holders to fall.that could then make our attendances next season to be very up & down.for the big games like leeds,palace,west ham i think 26000 but for less attractive games like barnsley,peterboro burnley i think 19000.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Will everyone on the ST waiting list get their dreams come true? If so then 23,500 ish in this league.... 25,500 ish IF we gain promotion!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well out of the 28,000 you will still probably get the odd 2,000 STs, comps etc who don't turn up.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
im basing my large attendances of 26000 on the fact that as it stands at the moment we have not had a crowd of 22000 at the amex to date even when all tickets have been sold both home & away.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Will everyone on the ST waiting list get their dreams come true? If so then 23,500 ish in this league.... 25,500 ish IF we gain promotion!

i based this thread on us not getting promoted because if we do my question is not relevant

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to consider that some away gates may fall next season. Some fans like to visit a new ground. Some may not bother a second year.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Have to consider that some away gates may fall next season. Some fans like to visit a new ground. Some may not bother a second year.

yes another factor.

what i am trying to gage is how many of the 13000 extra fans that have attended albion games at the amex are actually albion fans.

next season will be a clearer indication of where we are in terms of fan base.

if we maintain 90% of our season ticket holders i think we will have done well.

If we get increased capacity for next season then i think more fans will decide to attend on a match to match basic which
may well be dictated by results on the pitch.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Been told that all on waiting list SHOULD get a ST, ill go 26,103 - remember the increased amount of away fans too and potential ticket exchange.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Been told that all on waiting list SHOULD get a ST, ill go 26,103 - remember the increased amount of away fans too and potential ticket exchange.

i accept that brighton is a good away day but i do feel that we have received larger away crowds because of the new stadium.next season that will not be the case.

this season we have an average of about 20k out of the 22500 capacity.

so with the 28000 capacity next season you think we will average 26103. so by putting in more seats you think we will have fewer no shows than this season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Surely it also depends on how we're doing? If we go top and stay there the attendances will be higher than if we bumble around in mid-table or, god forbid, slip down to the lower reaches.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It would be funny to get TWICE as many as you know who.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Does anyone know what the maximum away capacity will go up to for a league game using the last block in east, se corner and part of south. I still think there will be some big away followings coming down next season.
Also i cant see many fans not renewing this year and with the addition of new sth we could have around the 20k mark for sth, plus around 5k available on a match by match basis for home fans......all being well if we have a season similar to this one i reckon about 25k average which would be superb!!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd take being like Hull , capacity first few years and now several years on they have stabilised at 17k +

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here