Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American hotels

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I am wanting to book a hotel in San Francisco for a few nights and as per normal I think we are being ripped of in this country, using KAYAK or Trivago it knows we are in the UK and so quotes in £££ i was wondering if anyone knows any American price comparison sites so I can look in $$$ and not get so ripped off.

of of course any tips on San Fran Hotels.

TA

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Booking.com will show UK or US, but charged in $

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Expedia?

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
It's already high season....schools have emptied for the summer and prices are at the top of the dial.

Unless you are looking at September and beyond,it will be expensive.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother goes to USA quite a lot and always books the hotels direct as they show the prices in $ and they never take card details. If he finds one cheaper or the same hotel offering a better deal he re books or cancels as is needed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Priceline can be your friend, if you don't mind taking a small amount of risk as to which hotel you might get. You can be very specific on price range, area and star rating so can be assured you'll get something in your range.

It can be possible to pretty guarantee a specific hotel, if required, following the clever folk at Better Bidding.

I've not used them for San Francisco but have had some amazing deals on hotels in London using them, staying in places like Grosvenor House on Park Lane etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We stayed at the Handlery in Union Square - great location and no problems with the hotel itself

If you want a really good tour when you are there look up Dylan's Tours on trip advisor - he was excellent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here