Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American goalkeeper? Arrhgghh!

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Anyone remember Reading's Seattle-born keeper Marcus Hahnemann at the MadStad two seasons ago? Rolled the ball out for an Albion free-kick. BZ picked it up and passed it in one movement for Paul Brooker to tap in.

Now we all know that Americans excel at Friendly Fire, but I hope our new boy custodian (worrying total of English League Soccerball appearances so far, zero) isn't similarly infected. We shall see.

Gilliver's Travels said:
our new boy custodian (worrying total of English League Soccerball appearances so far, zero)
What are you wittering on about?

No-one on NSC has EVER played professional football (apart from maybe a couple of people). That has never stopped us being better at understanding the game than ALL Albion players and MOST Albion managers.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Gilliver's Travels said:
Stop being reasonable, RA. It's an excellent opportunity to wind up NSC's small but perfectly formed Uncle Sam lobby. (Dammit, where is Gareth Glover when you need him?)

mmmmm.uncle sams

:)

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
bigc said:
mmmmm.uncle sams

:)

Are they still going ...when I lived in Brighton late 70s early 80s there was Uncle sams in London Road and the town centre...where are they now as these two seem to have gone

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The Auditor said:
Are they still going ...when I lived in Brighton late 70s early 80s there was Uncle sams in London Road and the town centre...where are they now as these two seem to have gone

I was just thinking that.

Also, should point out that soccer is getting huge in the US now although not at the professional level. It's pretty ignorant to slag off American players here as the vast majority aquit themselves well and deserve their places.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think there's one in Woodingdean and Patcham. There's one down the side of the old debenhams in western road I think (IMO the best of the lot) and I know of ones in Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing. Maybe even Burgess Hill. Apart from the last I've eaten at them all.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
munster monch said:
I think there's one in Woodingdean and Patcham. There's one down the side of the old debenhams in western road I think (IMO the best of the lot) and I know of ones in Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing. Maybe even Burgess Hill. Apart from the last I've eaten at them all.

Thanks .... will keep and eye out for them...the chilli burgers were always a treat after a night on the beers.. but that was 25 years ago !!
:drink: :) :eek:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
has this keeper ever played in the championship or premiership?? i am not convienced with him, being young and inexpeiernced, we might aswell have played chris may in goal

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
munster monch said:

I've eaten in the Bugess Hill one. It's ok apart from the town built around it. Theres also one over Littlehampton way. Rustington I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here