Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMAZING birthday prezzie

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Check this out. My daughter ordered me a big book of original Daily Mirror sports page prints of match reports from loads of Albions biggest games, going back to 1908.

mail

mail

mail

mail

FABULOUS reading. A 2-2 draw with Liverpool at the Goldstone ion 1958 when police were called after Albion fans pelted Liverpools keeper with orange peel. A 3-1 win over Palace in 1984, when our second was scored by Terry Connor - "the strapping black lad scored with a near post header" :lolol:

I could spend all night flicking through this. In fact I think I will.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hi Easy,my son bought me this book...(big book) for my birthday in Feb,fab reading,I started supporting Albion in the late 50s so it's nice to be able to revive memories...enjoy..I did,only trouble was finding a bookcase to keep it!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
That's great ! I've now got Mrs Fef's Christmas present sorted - thanks for the idea. It's either this or a new Black & Decker cordless drill.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Looks fantastic - might drop hints about that.

Not sure about the Latin emblem for the de luxe edition though - Decorus Venatus, that's a strange choice of words for The Beautiful Game. Might need Rex Cathedra's input on that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Yep, thats the kiddy. I can hardly put it down, once I start leafing through it there's LOADS of great little snippets in there. A "nervous looking David Seaman" making his debut for Birmingham as we turn them over 2-0. And some of the non-Albion related stuff is excellent as well. Aberdeen manager Alex Ferguson apologising for his "astonishing outburst" seconds after they'd won the cup when he said 'Aex McLeish and Willy Miller won the cup for us. The rest were a disgrace'. Same old miserable bastard even then.

There is one GLARING ommission though. It has the final game at the Goldstone, but for some reason Hereford was omitted completely which is a shame. One thing I never knew about though -the match report for Orient v Hereford is on that page the day we bet Donnie. Orient beat Hereford 2-1 to give us that glimmer of hope on the final day, but Orients winning goal was actually flagged OFFSIDE by the lino, only for the ref to overrule him and allow the goal to stand (much to Graham Turners fury).

PHE-EEWWW

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
VERY tempted to get that

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Shop around, our local Costco are selling the same thing for the local teams round here for £9.99

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here