Am I wrong to think this?

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Find myself wanting Spain to totally humiliate us today................:(

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
Can I just say here and now that I want our italian manager out right now regardless if we beat spain 19-0. I reckon hes done as much as he can and now we need someone who can inspire us to try to find that extra 10% that might get us to the semis. With this fool in charge we will struggle to get out of our group nd then hes offski anyway.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
now twitchy has no hope in hell of getting the job, whos going to replace him, fat sam is the only real choice after that.

Or if we keep it in the UK Pulis maybe, or go abroad again and get Wenger not that i think he will take it

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i came here to post exactly the same comment - i hope we get thumped.

never liked capello, not before, not now, not ever........i dont even like half the players.

hoping for a 0-4 lesson and then a new manager. lampard captain makes me want england to get thumped even more.....he is the pinnacle of what i hate about england footballers.

i see pardew being the dark horse.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have a reason for wanting Spain to win. France hold the world record for longest winning run and I think Spain are three off it, by all means tell me if I'm wrong... I don't want France to hold/keep this record.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
i came here to post exactly the same comment - i hope we get thumped.

never liked capello, not before, not now, not ever........i dont even like half the players.

hoping for a 0-4 lesson and then a new manager. lampard captain makes me want england to get thumped even more.....he is the pinnacle of what i hate about england footballers.

i see pardew being the dark horse.

Can't say I understand this Lampard thing.

Watching SoccerAM this morning Rafa Benitez said he'd do the England job, and I think he'd be bloody good at it.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
No, as Spain is ruining football and it will become a total non contact sport under their influence.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Lampard as captain is a backward step, but if there are a load of youngsters in the team why do you want them to be hammered? They are our future whether Capello is in charge or not. Hoping they can show some signs of potential and I think it'd be brilliant if they caused an upset or at least test Spain. Get behind them!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I'd like to nominate Nigel Adkins to be England manager so he can be humilated by the media sooner rather than later. I'm sure he has a high enough opinion of himself to go for it - can just picture him asking the current undefeated Spanish team if they are keeping up?

I think Pardew is a dark horse too but dont think he is the right man for the job, just reflects a lack of decent competition. Harry will have too much baggage, assuming he is not in prison for tax evasion by then. Big Sam would resign us to the footballing wilderness for a generation - and isn't Pulis Welsh?

Seriously though I hope that tonight will be a watershed for the England team, don't want to see us blown away by the Spanish but a sufficiently uncompetitive performance that the FA are obliged to ditch the old guard and bring in more youngsters from the U21s - like the Germans did a couple of years ago. Trouble is I can't see many decent English coaches around who would make the most of the emerging talent. Maybe they should take a punt on Adkins after all. The worst thing that can happen is an England win tonight that only plasters over the cracks, but then that is highly unlikely....to say the least.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Must be the first time we've been underdogs for quite some time. Even in the World Cup where Germany humiliated us I don't think before the game most people thought the difference in class would be so huge.

And yet even as plucky underdogs I don't really care if we win, which we won't.

I don't really have a problem with Capello but this team today is pretty shit. Weak back four, young and inexperienced defender being played out of position against the best attackers on earth, no fresh young and hungry new caps and a lone forward who's never going to get even a sniff of the ball so might as well not be there at all.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
I was wrong

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
If all our top players were available we would struggle to hold Spain who have a fantastic side, having a number of top players unavailable we could well take a hammering,I would not spend hard earned cash to see this match but will watch the highlights on TV.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
If all our top players were available we would struggle to hold Spain who have a fantastic side, having a number of top players unavailable we could well take a hammering,I would not spend hard earned cash to see this match but will watch the highlights on TV.

Look away now if you don't want to know the result..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here