Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It is remarkable that a player can go from League Two to Premier League and international football within a year, largely down to one manager having faith and playing a system that suits the player.

Does reinforce the cliche that there must be a lot of players who ‘could’ve made it’ if things out of their control fell into place.

(Shouldn’t underplay Alzate’s own importance in developing his game as an individual)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
It is remarkable that a player can go from League Two to Premier League and international football within a year, largely down to one manager having faith and playing a system that suits the player.

Does reinforce the cliche that there must be a lot of players who ‘could’ve made it’ if things out of their control fell into place.

(Shouldn’t underplay Alzate’s own importance in developing his game as an individual)

Everything has come together nicely for Alzate this season. It's remarkable his rise when prior to the start of the season he had only played 34 League two games and was coming back from a stress fracture of his back that cut short his loan spell at Swindon. He's taken the opportunity handed to him and ran with it.

The same applies to Aaron Connolly too, both players show what you can achieve with the correct attitude and a manager willing to give you the chance.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-[emoji713 said:
-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9142673]Played 90mins last night

[yt]aOGSBuP0zJo[/yt]
That commentary reminds me of the song The Auctioneer

https://youtu.be/FItdgMQCYVI

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Has anyone seen any comments anywhere (in English would be great) about how he did?

Anyway, well done Stephen for getting a full 90 mins for your country

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great for him.

A bit of a pain for us though. Finished that game about 2am last night, UK time. Will not arrive back here until Thursday, jetlagged. Not much chance of him being 100% for Saturday.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
My Spanish is OK but I might as well be listening to Arabic horse racing commentary. How does he keep that up for 90 minutes ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has anyone seen any comments anywhere (in English would be great) about how he did?

Anyway, well done Stephen for getting a full 90 mins for your country

I speak a little Spanish and quite few of those comments didn’t seem too complimentary. Some are that he will get better though. Decent first half not so good second.

I’m sure someone who speaks fluent Spanish will be a long shortly to be more precise :smile:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I speak a little Spanish and quite few of those comments didn’t seem too complimentary. Some are that he will get better though. Decent first half not so good second.

I’m sure someone who speaks fluent Spanish will be a long shortly to be more precise :smile:

The comments under the youtube vid are generally positive. He didn't blow anybody way but most are reasonable in saying he's young and new to the international set up.

In the end, who cares? We know we have talented player on our hands.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here