Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think you are being a bit harsh to say Alzate was struggling, for me if was more of a case of Propper is more effective playing central and Alzate more comfortable with some width. Good change by Potter in my books.

Potter shows a lot of faith in him. Clearly believes Alzate is versatile enough to flex with his change of tactics. Seems so composed and calm on the ball - always an out ball to him when needed. I suspect he'll eventually replace Stephens.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Potter shows a lot of faith in him. Clearly believes Alzate is versatile enough to flex with his change of tactics. Seems so composed and calm on the ball - always an out ball to him when needed. I suspect he'll eventually replace Stephens.

Alzate is certainly confident on the ball not afraid to put in a trick and always positive with his passingq, rarely passes backwards. Certainly prospers from Potter's style of play.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
I don't think Albion fans, probably even English football fans generally, have ever got a player with a languid style.

In an ideal world I think we'll be having the debate about Baluta, another player who appears to be very good but reluctant to be all action.

Baluta is more of a holding defensive midfielder, who has decent long range passing. He could be the replacement for Stephens in the future, but does need more game time to develop. Maybe Propper will send him out on loan in the second half of the season if he's not going to feature in the first team. Alzate is better going forward, as a more of an attacking midfielder, or box to box midfieder.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
WHAT exactly did Propper do wrong yesterday? I would not set myself up as the doyen of football analysis, but I thought he was impressive today. All over the pitch, accurate passing, nice touches and silky skills. Genuine question!

Edit - and in general, I didn't think we played that poorly. We weren't as good as against Spurs, but Everton were better than Spurs. Everything is relative.

Never said he did anything wrong just not mom today

http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?376095-Were-the-Man-of-the-Match-sponsors-pissed-today

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I don't think Albion fans, probably even English football fans generally, have ever got a player with a languid style.

In an ideal world I think we'll be having the debate about Baluta, another player who appears to be very good but reluctant to be all action.

Bobby Zamora ... languid as

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Interesting to see what happens next week.

Mooy will be back
Trossard has surely made a compelling case for selection
Surely Alzate can't be dropped again after being (most people's) MOM.

Davy is the one who can have least complaints not to be in the team in my view.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think we’d be very happy if we’d paid 10 million for Alzate on what he has produced so far?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting to see what happens next week.

Mooy will be back
Trossard has surely made a compelling case for selection
Surely Alzate can't be dropped again after being (most people's) MOM.
Davy is the one who can have least complaints not to be in the team in my view.
Nice problem to have! Brighton manager has a problem trying to fit all his midfield and attacking options into the team - who'd have thought it, eh?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Baluta is more of a holding defensive midfielder, who has decent long range passing. He could be the replacement for Stephens in the future, but does need more game time to develop. Maybe Propper will send him out on loan in the second half of the season if he's not going to feature in the first team. Alzate is better going forward, as a more of an attacking midfielder, or box to box midfieder.
Baluta refused to go out on loan in the Summer, I'd imagine the same will apply in January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe he thought he was nearer the first team than he appears to be? Half a season playing at a decent level might have a bit more appeal now.
Maybe, I'm sure the club would love him to have the game time.
But he must look around the squad and think 'an injury to Stephens and I'm in here', something his time on the bench would have encouraged.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
You just have to look at the start of the move that lead to our 3rd goal to get a idea of how cool this lad is on the ball, brilliant bit of skill to get the move going.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You just have to look at the start of the move that lead to our 3rd goal to get a idea of how cool this lad is on the ball, brilliant bit of skill to get the move going.

It's been a bit lost as it was an own goal (Muzza would probably have scored anyway if Digne had missed it), but the team move leading to the goal was fantastic - from Ryan onwards.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's been a bit lost as it was an own goal (Muzza would probably have scored anyway if Digne had missed it), but the team move leading to the goal was fantastic - from Ryan onwards.

I thought all along that it was a great team goal. An aware Digne simply prevented Murray from passing a winner into the net.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I thought all along that it was a great team goal. An aware Digne simply prevented Murray from passing a winner into the net.

Digne may have felt Murray's presence but he wasn't anywhere near it in truth. Trossard played the perfect ugly ball for defenders to score an own goal against themselves though.

Murray001.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Digne may have felt Murray's presence but he wasn't anywhere near it in truth. Trossard played the perfect ugly ball for defenders to score an own goal against themselves though.

View attachment 116680
Seemingly that doesn't count as an assist from Trossard.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think we’d be very happy if we’d paid 10 million for Alzate on what he has produced so far?

Given that he's done more in one match (on more than one occasion) than a guy we paid nearly double that for has done in a season and 10 games, I have to agree!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here