Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All those who KNEW, nay, INSISTED Gus get a proven goal scorer in...

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
sorry, I'm not one for hind sight threads and all that, but, I do get wound up by people who, to be honest, have no knowledge of professional football, scouting, etc etc. but INSISTED that we had to get a striker in....oooh, if we didn't Gus was a fool in the transfer market, what WAS he thinking

just checked all 4 professional leagues and we have the best goal difference of all.

just shut up sometimes. really. you know f*** all.

We're brilliant.

the end, shut up. please. be quiet.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was thinking this earlier too. Think it was a thread by Mendoza - asking how many our respective strikers would get - i'm sure not many expected BOTH Muzza and Barnes to hit 20 (pretty sure this will happen - maybe Murray pushing 25!) - would be worth a bounce i'm sure.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
To be fair, I'm not sure even Gus thought we had the strikers to go up before Xmas. He was asked the question at a SOL meeting I went to and he shook his head. Since then we have added Wood and Murray has produced better than he has at any point in his career, so there is a lesson there for all of us!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Problem will now arise when you have a 25 goal a season striker that you are a 1 man team.if goals are spread out around the team you lack a 20 goal a season striker,

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I do get wound up by people who, to be honest, have no knowledge of professional football, scouting, etc etc.

family stand - block T - somebody who thinks he is there as our own personal pundit - talks b*ll*cks all the way through the game - possibly to a relative but mainly to himself and the rest of us

YOU KNOW NOTHING. YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT SOUGHT OR WELCOMED. PLEASE STOP BECAUSE YOU ARE RUINING MY, AND MY FAMILY'S, ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Errr, hindsight is brilliant and all that and I did have faith in Murray and Barnes but previous to this year, history would indicate that Murray would not get 20, and that Barnes was relatively untested although had a decent strike rate last season. So it's no suprise that people wanted someone who we could guarantee to get 20 if given chances in order to ensure that we were in with a decent shout.

User Removed

Oct 21, 2005
Brighton
family stand - block T - somebody who thinks he is there as our own personal pundit - talks b*ll*cks all the way through the game - possibly to a relative but mainly to himself and the rest of us

YOU KNOW NOTHING. YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT SOUGHT OR WELCOMED. PLEASE STOP BECAUSE YOU ARE RUINING MY, AND MY FAMILY'S, ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME.

Why are you telling us?

Tell him for f***'s sake.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
haha, drunk posting from me there, move along everyone, nothing to see here

(still, great GD though!)

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
To be fair, I'm not sure even Gus thought we had the strikers to go up before Xmas. He was asked the question at a SOL meeting I went to and he shook his head. Since then we have added Wood and Murray has produced better than he has at any point in his career, so there is a lesson there for all of us!

Exactly, those who said we needed an extra striker were echoing Gus' sentiments anyway. He knows something about professional football and scouting I would suggest

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to see Murray ahead of Lambert in the goals chart for League 1. Now if only someone had told us that would be the case back in August we need not have worried about it quite so much, although it would have reduced the binfest count on here dramatically.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Good to see Murray ahead of Lambert in the goals chart for League 1. Now if only someone had told us that would be the case back in August we need not have worried about it quite so much, although it would have reduced the binfest count on here dramatically.

But I thought "Lambert was the best striker in League One"?

Personally, I had no idea what Muzza was going to do this season but with his mysterious celebration, quality goals and hint of arrogance, he's become our Cantona!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A few threads (not sure which ones go into scaremongering if we fail to sign a 25-goal man, and which are just suggestions for who to sign)...

Barnes goal scoring - the POLL
IF we don't sign a striker..............
Do We Need ?
will we sign a striker in January??
Striker on the horizon
New Striker - Desperate
I'm Board Of Waiting For A Striker (check out the typo in post 5, almost like he was dropping a hint)
We need a striker or 2- how about? (check out mendoza's appraisal of el abd in post 6!)
No big name striker for Saturday..
Are we going to sign a big money 25 goal a season striker
After seeing we afford a 25-Goal striker
25 goal Striker

Well it IS just a chat site. It's what people chat about, so no reason to bother too much is there?

I like it when we find someone in our reserves or youth, but if not then it's great when someone turns up who can partner well with who we already have.

Mellor-Ward worked out rather well, I thought :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here