Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All these offers at the club shop

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've been reliably informed from a reliable sauce that it's actually a very cunning plot to close the borders into Sussex in the near future and you'll only be allowed to enter if you're wearing an Albion shirt. Everyone in Sussex will be wearing Albion shirts all the time and it will become a sea of blue and white stripes.
Get the jack hammers out, and tow us across the channel, and I'm in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
An economist writes:

Everyone who wanted the kit and was prepared to pay £40 for one will have bought a shirt by now.

There will be some fans who thought they were too expensive at that price point and so decided against a purchase, but at a price of £20 would be prepared to shell out for one.

The shirts cost approximately £12 to produce, so the club is still making a huge margin by selling them at £20 each.

As for all the kit looking crap, I like the tracksuit tops, and would happily buy one, but can't find anyone in Manchester wanting to buddy up for one of these

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
A has been raised, my 2 youngest have now got shirts they wouldn't of got, on top of that my wife suggested I get the away one and she can get a home one, which would never of happened before. So 70 quid there, plus more as my son now wants the commemorative shirt, and another home shirt with Vicente on the back. All money we wouldn't of spent without the offer on.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
1. People are giving WW more stick because of his NSC track record.
2. If CPFC were doing this there'd be much piss-taking in their general direction.

I'd add point 2a - The OP does tend to word posts in a certain way which is generally loaded towards the empty end of the pessamist's scale

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Bought away shirt for the nipper and a commemorative shirt for me. Would not have bought them without the bogof offer. Also nipper now wants me to get vicente on the back of the away one, so that will be more money the club gets that they otherwise wouldn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An economist writes:

Everyone who wanted the kit and was prepared to pay £40 for one will have bought a shirt by now.

Everyone? Really? So not a single replica shirt will be bought (or, perhaps more accurately, would have been bought) from July 1st 2012 to, say, April 30th 2013. I remain cynical to that assertion.

If you're correct, I imagine they'll clear all replica shirts from the club shop at the end of July and replace it with stock that will sell, right?

The shirts cost approximately £12 to produce, so the club is still making a huge margin by selling them at £20 each.

Not quite so huge when you factor in VAT.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I understand from my sauce that the deal is to raise enough to finalise our spectacular signing.

(PS, that's not a spelling mistake)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
An economist writes:

I think you'd find the production cost significantly less than £12 (nearer half that). It's great that more people will get the opportunity of wearing the colours.
I fancy it it an opportunity to get more people in the club shop to spend money on other things too, though I would say that the design and quality of the general clothing merchandise has been much poorer since we went to the Amex.
I also suspect that we will see a new 3rd kit suddenly produced in time for the new season and Christmas that won't be on a BOGOF.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I also suspect that we will see a new 3rd kit suddenly produced in time for the new season and Christmas that won't be on a BOGOF.

Agreed. It would be a missed opportunity to have no new kits when you have your highest base of season ticket holders ever.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Surely there's no justification for a 3rd kit when our away kit doesn't really clash with anyone, and the home kit would be used if it did? That's the benefit/hinderance of having such a 'vibrant' away kit, gets rid of the need for a 3rd kit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Surely there's no justification for a 3rd kit when our away kit doesn't really clash with anyone, and the home kit would be used if it did? That's the benefit/hinderance of having such a 'vibrant' away kit, gets rid of the need for a 3rd kit.

Giving fans something (else) to buy is considered justification enough at most clubs.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I see the club are using another tactic to flog tickets to this awards evening thing - quoting the price as £70 + VAT rather than the £84 people will actually have to shell out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm not suggesting that there is a warehouse somewhere that is overbrimming with Albion replica kit.

I stand by my 2 key points however...

1. People are giving WW more stick because of his NSC track record.
2. If CPFC were doing this there'd be much piss-taking in their general direction.

Palace themselves wouldn't be doing this because they don't own their club shop.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Giving fans something (else) to buy is considered justification enough at most clubs.

True, but can't see much of a take up of it from the fans as the club would have to choose which game to wear it as a one off specialty, as there are no clashes with our away kit. Anything is possible in this brave new world though

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
they do have other great things in the shop..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Everyone? Really? So not a single replica shirt will be bought (or, perhaps more accurately, would have been bought) from July 1st 2012 to, say, April 30th 2013. I remain cynical to that assertion.

If you're correct, I imagine they'll clear all replica shirts from the club shop at the end of July and replace it with stock that will sell, right?

You're right, I was being oversimplistic, I should have said vast majority, rather than everyone.

But I would still suspect the club would have expected to have sold relatively few shirts in the next season, as the only market available is realistically
1: 'New' fans (perhaps new STH who have not been to the Amex before)
2: Fans who have already bought a shirt but now want a replacement due to loss/damage etc.

I'm still looking for someone who fancies a half price tracksuit top though!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Im going to pop down in the week a get a couple of Centenary shirts for my 2 boys

Happy Days I say.

Bit late for those methinks...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here