Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All these offers at the club shop

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Great marketing and fantastic offers to get supporters wearing the stripes while making the club a bit of cash?

Or a sign of a club who spectacularly misjudged the amount of replica and training kit required for the new fanbase...

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
Well I took advantage of the BOGOF shirt offer and me brother will be made up as he gets the other one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great marketing and fantastic offers to get supporters wearing the stripes while making the club a bit of cash?

Or a sign of a club who spectacularly misjudged the amount of replica and training kit required for the new fanbase...
Blimey you're bitter.

Do you think the club only orders merchandise once and is storing it all in a massive warehouse?

I bet this current BOGOF is still generation more cash than most of our competitors, at this time of year.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Blimey you're bitter.

Do you think the club only orders merchandise once and is storing it all in a massive warehouse?

I bet this current BOGOF is still generation more cash than most of our competitors, at this time of year.

Am I bitter? There's been offers pretty much non stop since February. I simply asked why.

Didn't really think this thread through did you?

The fact that the shirts haven't sold out is a sign of good business. Trying to make as much money from them in their final season is also good business. The profits on shirts will still be huge even though its BOGOF

I simply asked a question which I don't know the answer to. There wasn't much else to think about.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

The first one

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Funny thing about consumers: if you offer them things for less money, or for another incentive, they are usually more likely to part with their cash.

I wasn't going to bother buying the new kit (£40? No thanks, I've got an old kit that hasn't fallen apart yet) but since the BOGOF came in I have and also picked up one for my Dad.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I bitter? There's been offers pretty much non stop since February. I simply asked why.
Because it's making the club money, does there have to be a spectacular mismanagement?
Esp when re stocking is probably only a month turn around.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Great offer, it's just a shame everything other than the home shirt is f***ing crap.

Training top is okay :thumbsup:

Might be having me two of them

Think it was actually a fair question but my reading of it, as with others, is turning over cash at a quiet time and clearing the decks for new stock. If what everyone says is true and you see more Albion shirts than ever before around Sussex then it seems unlikely that they have badly misjudged but keeping moving stock and generating turnover is crucial to maintaining the superstore.

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Great offer I seem to remember reading somewhere they sold 30k replica shirts last season you can't tell me that did not exceed their expectations. Positive for me the more people we can get in Albion kit the less skanky Chelsea, arsenal, Liverpool, man u shite I have to see in Sussex.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Must be a sign of a cock up, Some companies will tell you that selling out of stock is the only way to run a business as it shows how popular your items are. Running out is the way forward...

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im going to pop down in the week a get a couple of Centenary shirts for my 2 boys

Happy Days I say.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Blimey you're bitter.

Done before all of the new stock and lines arrive for the next season

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I think it's a great bit of business by the club.

I liked the away shirt but wasn't happy to part with £40 for it when I had the home shirt. But because of the BOGOF I got the shirt and also the training/warm up jacket. I'll probably buy a few more things when I get paid meaning the club will be getting about £100 that they otherwise wouldn't.

As a previous poster said, it's a far cry from the days when it would be months until we got the shirts or even the argentina shirt fiasco!! Superb sign for the club if we sold 30k shirts and I have even seen a couple around Reading which used to never happen!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here