Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Sorry if fixtures, but according to the Mirror, United have agreed a £15m deal with Palace for Zaha.

I think he's good, but no more than £8m in my eyes. Great deal for Palace, loads of cash and a likely sell-on clause.
He'll win so many penalties for United at Old Trafford. Madness.

Sorry if fixtures, but according to the Mirror, United have agreed a £15m deal with Palace for Zaha.

I think he's good, but no more than £8m in my eyes. Great deal for Palace, loads of cash and a likely sell-on clause.
He'll win so many penalties for United at Old Trafford. Madness.

Just heard that myself, would be a very good deal.

Do they have to loan him back for the rest of the season?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha price

Clears their 2 year losses if true, and gives them 4-5 million to spend on the team, depending on how much is up front and how much is add ons.

According to the star yesterday it is 7m and set to be complete within 24hrs (I don't read it, but neil ashton highlighted it on sunday supplement yesterday) here's the link Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: £7m Wilfried Zaha to Manchester United in 48 hours

Reading that link, it's 7 at the out set and ultimately between 10m and 12m with add ons.

Not sure any of this is real tbh, Palace have said they have not given Winny permission to speak to United, and United along with Fergie are in Dubai.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is going to run and run until Transfer deadline day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not sure any of this is real tbh, Palace have said they have not given Winny permission to speak to United, and United along with Fergie are in Dubai.

I don't imagine any of that means much, to be honest. Michael Appleton was announced as manager of Blackburn within hours of Blackpool granting permission to speak to him, SSN were showing him clearing out his stuff at blackpool before permission was even granted. As much as Fergie is involved in transfers, I'm sure with phones, internet, etc. him being in Dubai doesn't mean he can't be involved in talks, with their ceo or gm or whatever back home doing the grunt work with zaha's agent, rather than fergie and zaha thrashing out the deal themselves.

In situations like this, players are fully aware of what deal the can get as soon as permission is granted, even if that's not technically within the rules.

Having said that, it is transfer season, and the star is a tabloid paper, so it is surely to be taken with a pinch of salt. Just adding it to the thread

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think Palace need £8M cash upfront just to wipe out the debts plus Wurzel wouldn't have any transfer budget to play with unless it is offset against future add ons. Palace are in a catch 22 situation , if they don't sell this month then all the big clubs after Winifred will know he will cost less in the summer as Palace need to sell him to survive in The Championship next season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are you talking about, it's obvious that both of those articles are 100% correct.

Indeed.

Though, in truth, if both are well sourced, I'd imagine it's a case of one side leaking one price, the other side leaking another either to help with negotiations, or to protect themselves from criticisms from their fans ("you spent how much on an unproven championship player?!" / "You let our greatest player ever go for how much?!")

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
I think Palace need £8M cash upfront just to wipe out the debts plus Wurzel wouldn't have any transfer budget to play with unless it is offset against future add ons. Palace are in a catch 22 situation , if they don't sell this month then all the big clubs after Winifred will know he will cost less in the summer as Palace need to sell him to survive in The Championship next season.

You are clueless-16m loss in 2 years for you-suggest you worry about that-we are fine so don't believe what you so want to be true

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
As others say, Ince is a far better player and is going for seemingly £6m, it'd be less if Blackpool weren't giving 35% or whatever it is straight back to Liverpool.

They are both 20, and if anyone is willing to bid nearly three times that amount for Zaha, they need their heads checked.

Zaha has just 5 goals and 4 assists this season. Ince has 13 goals and 10 assists, more than double Zaha. He is a FAR superior player. Hence, I'll presume this £15m paper talk is bollocks, as most things in the Mirror Sport are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You are clueless-16m loss in 2 years for you-suggest you worry about that-we are fine so don't believe what you so want to be true

We don't need to worry about that - Tony Bloom is paying good money for Paul Barber to worry about it for us :lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Palace fans are hiding their heads in the sand that Smellhurst needs £6M to £8M spent on remedial works to avoid the stadium being condemned in the near future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here