Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Times saying United now look most likely. Offering £12m eventually but Palace holding out for £15m. I think price has been inflated by Fergie's desire not to miss out on another Wenger type young signing. Also reporting that he's likely to ne loaned back until end of season. Can't see this being anything but good news for Palace. :mad:

Exactly. This would be a brilliant deal for Palace. Let's hope it's rubbish.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The day our youth system is producing c£12m players for Man Utd et al is a day I look forward to.

Agreed.

But our least our board doesn't make stupid amateur promises about not selling players. Everyone has their price is our approach. It's realistic.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
turn it in if palace didnt cheat their creditors, play lower league football 140 mile trip from home then your 13,000 would be more like... 250 spotty teenagers. What you dont get is that i went during the troubles at brighton and during the lower league struggle but i hardly go now. plastic palace with cheer leaders, flying eagles, teenagers with drums will never understand that.
Don't forget the goal music and shouting out the scorers name ....

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The main bit that amzes me is how innocent they were going into this. In a way it is refreshing because they are clearly fans of the club, but they are gobsmacked at how difficult it is to get the club to break even. What happens on the pitch is very secondary for them. Freedman is safe in his job even if they go down because firstly he is cheap but secondly he is good at bringing on the young players and they are cheap too. I guess it is a little like Dean Wilkins was for us before DK lost the plot.

I wonder what happened to all that talk about a new 40k all seater stadium . I think they announced that about 2 months after taking over.
They don't even talk about upgrading Selhurst anymore.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I wonder what happened to all that talk about a new 40k all seater stadium . I think they announced that about 2 months after taking over.
They don't even talk about upgrading Selhurst anymore.

Yes, they do. Steve Parish is the man getting stuff done. Sorting planning etc. atm.

Yes, they do. Steve Parish is the man getting stuff done. Sorting planning etc. atm.

Are they the plans that Parish was going to publish in September?

f*** sake, you can't even afford to fix the bogs in the Holmesdale let alone redevelop the stadium ffs.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Shame the rest of bbs don't see it like that.

This £8m rising to £12m figure is clearly rubbish. If we get £15m (which I think we will when we sell him, be it January or the Summer) then I think he can say that whatever he did worked, and we got a decent deal for the club.

If we go up (which I think we will) and keep Wilf in January, we'd get the full £20m whenever he wanted to leave.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Not true. They will pay for a new Sainsbury's but not help with the ground.

Fair enough. I remember hearing Steve Parish say in an interview with HOL radio that Sainsburys were very keen on the idea of a new ground and would be "financially supportive".

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
CPFC2010 have just read the article :clap2:

"However, it is understood some leading figures at the club have told Parish he should accept United’s bid"

And who might they be? It's certainly not me, Martin, Jeremy or Phil. Maybe the bloke in the burger van?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here