Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I love this on BBS

" rhiannapaul Registered User Join Date: Nov 2002 Location: forest dug in waiting

he is a one off unique quality player who can become a Messi, Best ,Maradona in world football
and he can not be replaced period! so 17 million is nowhere near enough"

Mental, but no more laughable than some of the numpties on here saying ONLY LAST WEEK that Palace should accept £10m and that "his value decreases every day" etc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I love this on BBS

" rhiannapaul Registered User Join Date: Nov 2002 Location: forest dug in waiting

he is a one off unique quality player who can become a Messi, Best ,Maradona in world football
and he can not be replaced period! so 17 million is nowhere near enough"

Didn't we say that about Gary Hart ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mental, but no more laughable than some of the numpties on here saying ONLY LAST WEEK that Palace should accept £10m and that "his value decreases every day" etc.
It is more laughable. £10m is no small amount, and if Palace get more it's because they've done well hyping up the price, not because he's that good.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It is more laughable. £10m is no small amount, and if Palace get more it's because they've done well hyping up the price, not because he's that good.

Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger are clearly losing their touch if they're being conned into spending £5m+ more than they needed to, by a chairman who has only been in football for 3 years. :rolleyes:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
This is the world we live in I’m afraid. Good, young English footballers are extremely expensive. If we compare this to the Fletcher transfer from Wolves to Sunderland then you could argue that £15m-£17m for a potential England regular (and let’s face facts, he probably is) isn’t at all surprising. He is only 21 and has – again let’s be honest – come through an academy which has nurtured him well and has a reputation for churning out decent talent before moving them on. Sir Alex took something of a gamble when signing Smalling and Jones, both of which had played in struggling Premier League teams and he obviously sees Zaha fitting into this team alongside them which could potentially be the legacy he leaves before stepping down. However, for such a sum and with no Prem experience, you could argue that this is Sir Alex’s biggest gamble of his career. However, at the same time we can’t belittle or knock the level of football played in the Championship. Slowly, in my opinion wrong or right as it may be, I think bar the top 7-8 of the Premier League, this division (top ten at least) is catching up with the rest of that division. The standard of Championship players and level/style of play has increased in recent years and proving yourself in this division now is obviously something to take note of at some of the top Premier League clubs. Zaha to Man Utd; Ince to Liverpool (?) and we’ve had Chamberlain to Arsenal previously who has made an almost instant impact. The list will only get longer. And the fact that players with vast Premier League experience are dropping down to the Championship (Bridge, Bellamy, PIG, Frazier Campbell now) demonstrates the quality faced in this division. It’s a hotbed of talent if you ask me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good deal for them? It's bloody outstanding. Palace might be crap at most things, but they could well be the masters of selling a player for more than he's worth.

I think the analogy of selling clothes pegs applies in this case. :lol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
This all seems very petty from a Brighton fans perspective. They've produced this player who they are selling on for eventually 15m and they also look like they'll retain his services for the rest of the season.

Who knows how he'll perform but from an outside perspective now that all this transfer speculation is done with I'm sure he'll return to the team much more relaxed to have it over with. On top of that they will have effectively made a 5m profit this season or a 5m profit over the last two seasons + addons.

On the day where we have finally purchased the land we need for our training ground I think it's worth admitting that this is a very good deal for them. The development of youth is the one thing worth admiring and seeking to replicate at Palace. We'd all be delighted to be producing players such as Zaha. But realistically it's going to take us years to create an effective Academy.

What a refreshing post, top marks !!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The bottom line is if utd or arsenal offer what we want Wilf will go . I hope I see more of him in a palace shirt as he is outstanding but the fact is he will go . I still think it will be at the end of the season but after hearing about it every day on Ssn it seems like its gonna happen soon

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The bottom line is if utd or arsenal offer what we want Wilf will go . I hope I see more of him in a palace shirt as he is outstanding but the fact is he will go . I still think it will be at the end of the season but after hearing about it every day on Ssn it seems like its gonna happen soon

The crucial thing is that they will need to match our valuation. They will not get Zaha on the cheap. It won't even be a good deal for them. It will be a massive amount of money for our club, on our terms. £15m+ and a loan-back for the season would be a fair deal and we'll probably get it. I just hope Ollie and CPFC2010 have been lining up a few transfers to go through at the same time as Wilf's sale.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
The crucial thing is that they will need to match our valuation. They will not get Zaha on the cheap. It won't even be a good deal for them. It will be a massive amount of money for our club, on our terms. £15m+ and a loan-back for the season would be a fair deal and we'll probably get it. I just hope Ollie and CPFC2010 have been lining up a few transfers to go through at the same time as Wilf's sale.

Forget you are a Crystal Palace fan for a while. Do you honestly believe Zaha is worth £15 million?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Forget you are a Crystal Palace fan for a while. Do you honestly believe Zaha is worth £15 million?

Was Andy Carroll worth £35 m ? If someone wants a player they will pay what the selling club wants .

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
If Zaha was a Brighton player what would you value him at?

I probably wouldn't have seen him enough times to know how f*cking good he is.

In a world where Chamberlain is worth £15m, Jordan Henderson is worth £20m and Andy Carroll is worth £35m - Wilfried is worth every penny of a £15m fee. He has incredible potential and will probably be an England regular for years to come.

This is the world we live in I’m afraid. Good, young English footballers are extremely expensive. If we compare this to the Fletcher transfer from Wolves to Sunderland then you could argue that £15m-£17m for a potential England regular (and let’s face facts, he probably is) isn’t at all surprising. He is only 21 and has – again let’s be honest – come through an academy which has nurtured him well and has a reputation for churning out decent talent before moving them on. Sir Alex took something of a gamble when signing Smalling and Jones, both of which had played in struggling Premier League teams and he obviously sees Zaha fitting into this team alongside them which could potentially be the legacy he leaves before stepping down. However, for such a sum and with no Prem experience, you could argue that this is Sir Alex’s biggest gamble of his career. However, at the same time we can’t belittle or knock the level of football played in the Championship. Slowly, in my opinion wrong or right as it may be, I think bar the top 7-8 of the Premier League, this division (top ten at least) is catching up with the rest of that division. The standard of Championship players and level/style of play has increased in recent years and proving yourself in this division now is obviously something to take note of at some of the top Premier League clubs. Zaha to Man Utd; Ince to Liverpool (?) and we’ve had Chamberlain to Arsenal previously who has made an almost instant impact. The list will only get longer. And the fact that players with vast Premier League experience are dropping down to the Championship (Bridge, Bellamy, PIG, Frazier Campbell now) demonstrates the quality faced in this division. It’s a hotbed of talent if you ask me.

Let's be honest. He's vastly overrated and vastly overpriced. And again let's be honest, now Vicente is back playing Zaha can't even be mentioned as the best player playing in the Championship. TBH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here