Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
a loan back is shite for palace, he wont care about them, he will just be worried about getting injured all the time, will be good for other teams in the championship as he has gone so far off the boil it is silly in recent months,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Zaha price

Palace would be matching 50% of his new wages , I guess they would be shelling out £25k a week until the end of the season. Man United wouldn't be silly enough not to have a recall clause in any loan deal.

You arn't allowed recall clauses in half season loans, would have to be 93 day one in that case.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
a loan back is shite for palace, he wont care about them, he will just be worried about getting injured all the time, will be good for other teams in the championship as he has gone so far off the boil it is silly in recent months,

I agree. Any fullback will let him know early on what he can expect during the game. His heart will not be in it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace would be matching 50% of his new wages , I guess they would be shelling out £25k a week until the end of the season. Man United wouldn't be silly enough not to have a recall clause in any loan deal.
Why would a new club offer him £50k a week, and at the same time loan him back to Palace (which the new club wouldn't want) for £25k? Makes no sense at all.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i think the funniest thing of all, was their chairman saying he would never sell zaha in the january transfer window, it would be ludicrous to sell someone so instrumental to their promotion push etc etc makes me :lolol::lolol::lolol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You arn't allowed recall clauses in half season loans, would have to be 93 day one in that case.

That could be a deal breaker if Man United are shipping out players in this transfer window and Winifred is needed as back up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
£5m up front for the 3rd best player in the world. Unbelievable bargain.

DOUBLE the price of CMS for such a young prospect...! Not much is it.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bookies have suspended betting on Zaha to Man U.

Looks like that's that then.

Of course they have. CPFC2010 have said he isn't going anywhere and they never, ever, lie. The bookies are too scrupulous to continue taking money on something that has a definitive outcome like Zaha staying now CPFC2010 have said so, thus betting suspended.

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As I started this thread a long time ago I thought I'd add my two penny worth(that could be used on old sayings/phrases) I think Zaha has been bought so he can show where United players are going wrong in the penalty area:rolleyes:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why would Zaha want to go back to Palace on loan ?
Surely only Palace would want this option not the player himself.

Having said that I am sure Palace fans know what they are talking about, Zaha has been a one club man, its not like anyone has left them at short notice recently.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] has suddenly disappeared. Strange.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
[MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] has suddenly disappeared. Strange.

Are you blind? Look back two pages.

He won't go for £10m up front. The Mirror reported earlier that it would be £10m up front with another £5m in addons. Sky Sports News said that Palace had agreed to no such offer.

When he goes (and it may well be this month) we'll get our £15m. And a loan back.

£5m up front for the 3rd best player in the world. Unbelievable bargain.

DOUBLE the price of CMS for such a young prospect...! Not much is it.

£5m up front? Where on earth have you seen this? The lowest figure I've seen is from The Mirror which was £10m up front rising to £15m, and a loan back. Goal.com (equally "credible") reporting £15m up front rising to £17m.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Zaha price

This all seems very petty from a Brighton fans perspective. They've produced this player who they are selling on for eventually 15m and they also look like they'll retain his services for the rest of the season.

Who knows how he'll perform but from an outside perspective now that all this transfer speculation is done with I'm sure he'll return to the team much more relaxed to have it over with. On top of that they will have effectively made a 5m profit this season or a 5m profit over the last two seasons + addons.

On the day where we have finally purchased the land we need for our training ground I think it's worth admitting that this is a very good deal for them. The development of youth is the one thing worth admiring and seeking to replicate at Palace. We'd all be delighted to be producing players such as Zaha. But realistically it's going to take us years to create an effective Academy.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This all seems very petty from a Brighton fans perspective. They've produced this player who they are selling on for eventually 15m and they also look like they'll retain his services for the rest of the season.

Who knows how he'll perform but from an outside perspective now that all this transfer speculation is done with I'm sure he'll return to the team much more relaxed to have it over with. On top of that they will have effectively made a 5m profit this season or a 5m profit over the last two seasons + addons.

On the day where we have finally purchased the land we need for our training ground I think it's worth admitting that this is a very good deal for them. The development of youth is the one thing worth admiring and seeking to replicate at Palace. We'd all be delighted to be producing players such as Zaha. But realistically it's going to take us years to create an effective Academy.

With bells on!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I love this on BBS

" rhiannapaul Registered User Join Date: Nov 2002 Location: forest dug in waiting

he is a one off unique quality player who can become a Messi, Best ,Maradona in world football
and he can not be replaced period! so 17 million is nowhere near enough"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think it's worth admitting that this is a very good deal for them.
Good deal for them? It's bloody outstanding. Palace might be crap at most things, but they could well be the masters of selling a player for more than he's worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here