Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the moaners today....

BHAFC4EVER

BOO!
Jan 20, 2009
RH20
...who were moaning when the ball kept getting played backwards just do one. This is the the type of football which won us the league last season. So either get behind the team or get lost.

That is all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Yep, the type that didn't witness LIVE 18 great months under Gus in League One, that transformed the club and its playing style.

I could understand if it was 0-0 at home with 15 minutes to go, but the whingers started early. Calderon shut them up!

Own Goals Galore

Sep 28, 2011
Were there many? I didn't notice. Navarro got a boo once for going back but thats about it. And to be fair I didn't seem much else on for him.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
There's 4 blokes who sit behind us in the wsu who constantly moan every week. They're Chelsea, QPR & Spurs fans, JCL's all of them more interested in whats happening in the premier league than the game its self. Always slagging the team off, moaning about our passing game and wanting us to hoof it all the time! F**king idiots!

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
We saw a number of quick attacks which could have produced a number of goals today if Barnes had not balloned shots over the bar, but we still had to endure periods of boring football while the ball travelled from left back to mid-field to right back then to goalkeeper.
This is not supporting the long ball system but rather the quick build up going forward which could have well provided at least a couple of additional goals.

D

Deleted member 18477

Oh Christ another thread about moaners. Give it a rest!

Sep 1, 2010
We saw a number of quick attacks which could have produced a number of goals today if Barnes had not balloned shots over the bar, but we still had to endure periods of boring football while the ball travelled from left back to mid-field to right back then to goalkeeper.
This is not supporting the long ball system but rather the quick build up going forward which could have well provided at least a couple of additional goals.

Absolutely. We are playing the right football but sometimes when you are in the final 3rd of the pitch attacking a through ball is all that is needed. I think with the right conviction we can beat some sides by 3 or 4 goals when we are on form. It is not a case of moaning about passing it back, it is a case of it's simply sometimes the wrong thing to do to play it sideways when a player has made a defence splitting run expecting the ball

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I had a moan today late in the 1st half. We were playing far too negatively. On one occasion we had a free kick just outside of the City half on the east side of the pitch. Two passes back to Brez who hoofed it upfield to no one. My point is that the free kick taker (ElAbd I believe) may just as well passed it forward himself. Far more likely to get an accurate ball from the half-way line than from the GK!

Anyway, the team and Gus obviously heeded my advice as we were much more positive in the 2nd half. Far less tippy-tappy and more willingness to shoot.

Oct 25, 2003
agreed, was very annoying. it was my first experience of the WSU today and there were so many moaners

stupid as we literally passed them to DEATH

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
A middle aged bloke on the bus from the P&R was moaning about us saying:
"If we sign Kitson, they can cancel my debit card immediately.. i aint supporting him ever. I know i'm a Chelsea fan mainly, but if they sign that ginger c*nt, then i'm back off to the bridge"

If i hadn't had my child with me I would have kindly asked him to do just that and f*ck off as soon as he could... utter tosser and total inbred lowlife.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think the issue is that sometimes the decision-making of our players isn't fantastic because they are still adapting to this level of football, and so if they don't play the right pass they then, quite rightly, look to maintain possession for the team by going backwards. At times it can be frustrating, but they're learning at this level, and it's to be expected - after all, if they were always making the correct decision within this style of play they'd be playing for Barcelona, not Brighton.

Having said that, the bloke next to me in WSL is a lovely bloke, but his moaning when the back four keep possession and then shouts of "That's it!" when Brezovan punts it long to a Bristol City player are quite ridiculous.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the issue is that sometimes the decision-making of our players isn't fantastic because they are still adapting to this level of football, and so if they don't play the right pass they then, quite rightly, look to maintain possession for the team by going backwards. At times it can be frustrating, but they're learning at this level, and it's to be expected - after all, if they were always making the correct decision within this style of play they'd be playing for Barcelona, not Brighton.

Having said that, the bloke next to me in WSL is a lovely bloke, but his moaning when the back four keep possession and then shouts of "That's it!" when Brezovan punts it long to a Bristol City player are quite ridiculous.

Yep.
Large doses of 21st century PL (except Stoke), La Liga, and Champions League on TV; have made some of the NEW Albion fans unrealistic, in what they feel Championship level players should achieve, especially in our first season.

We can all see from the stands the telling first-time passes we think Bridcutt and Navarro should be making, as armchair managers.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Yep.
Large doses of 21st century PL (except Stoke), La Liga, and Champions League on TV; have made some of the NEW Albion fans unrealistic, in what they feel Championship level players should achieve, especially in our first season.

We can all see from the stands the telling first-time passes we think Bridcutt and Navarro should be making, as armchair managers.

Yes, that's a very good point - we get a much better view from the stands of where space is and what passes are on than the players get from being down on the pitch.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It did seem particularly bad today. Even at 1-0 up.

I think sometimes fans think passes are easier than they look, that the player with the ball is either too slow or just not alert enough to the option, when the truth is that they have a greater appreciation for if they can make the pass from where they are. The whole crowd was on Bridcutt's back to shoot, instead he plays it off to Calderon for that wonder strike.

Too often people expect a pass from one side of the pitch to the other simply because a player is unmarked, not taking into consideration, either the ball is blasted and you lose accuracy, and make it difficult to control, or you hit a floating ball over which gives the defenders time to cover the unmarked man. They expect players to follow the ball all over the pitch without giving any consideration to position discipline, and leaving gaps. Someone criticised Hoskins because he didn't control a ball that dropped out of the sky neatly enough.

Barnes "ballooned" one shot over the bar, which wasn't nearly as wild as Navarro's shot that almost hit the screen in the north stand, yet Barnes was slaughtered (the ball took a slight deflection and he had to readjust before the shot). He got into some great positions, and never received the ball, or he would receive floaty passes that he had to move for giving defenders the chance to clear it.

I'm pleased that the team show greater patience than our fans, and don't risk giving the ball away with rash attacks that aren't really on when we are 1-0 up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People moaning at a football match!!!!!!! Whatever next? People moaning about people moaning at a football match?

I've been to many grounds in receent years, and some clubs have a far greater proportion of home whingers than others.

Villa, West Ham & Spurs (for the 50 years pre-Redknapp) ... were very quick to moan at their own players or managers, if things don't go to plan.
Something they openly admit.
Let's hope the ALbion don't join them as champs of moaning.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with people wanting the team to take advantage of all our possession, we get 2 or 3 in the box and Buckley never puts in an early cross. This happened so many times people are bound to become frustrated.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We seem to benefit from having Brezovan in goal because unlike Ankergren he doesn't seem to be a big fan of playing the eternal triangle at the back. So we get the ball forward a bit quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here