Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All gone quiet at Elland Road

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Since they humiliated Manure, our friends from West Yorkshire seems to have gone rather quiet.

To be fair they have had a hell of a run of tough games against formidable opposition;

The mighty Wycombe at Elland Road (drew 1-1)
Exeter City can be a right handful especially in Devon (lost 0-2)

But last night in their JPT semi I see they did at least manage to get a goal at home to take to the second leg at Carlisle next week. (lost 1-2)

:clap:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Although that's about as bad as it's going to get for them this season. They'll be fine, which is good news for us next season.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
the bloody under 5s should have been played in that piss pot trophy. it is an embarrassment

we were awful at exeter and wycombe we just scored too early (if there is such a thing)

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Ever since their top scorer opened his mouth and said he wanted a transfer, they have not been the same. I just hope they do turn it around otherwise they will start looking for a new manager. And if we continue to start turning things around, I wonder who they might go for, considering our manager has feelings for Leeds.

On this occasion I want Leeds to sort it out.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hasn't Beckford withdrawn his transfer request now anyway?

Obviously the clubs who came in for him this month weren't quite as big as he'd hoped.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No way do I want Leeds to go up, sorry, but I'll take a gamble on us battling out the top spots with them next season rather than see them promoted this season. The wheels are potentially coming off quite spectacularly and selling Beckford (if/when it happens) will hopefully help them get dragged back into the play off race.

Sorry Starry. :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They're hardly in meltdown yet are they. On balance, I'd rather be in their position than ours.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hasn't Beckford withdrawn his transfer request now anyway?

Obviously the clubs who came in for him this month weren't quite as big as he'd hoped.

Probably because he has signed a pre-contract agreement with Everton.

Compromise all round, looks like he's staying for the rest of the season but off in the summer.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
I see they've signed Barnard to replace Beckford going to Leeds in the summer.

chinners

Aug 27, 2009
Brighton
Not yet it's just a rumour that they offered150 grand for Barnard

billy_bremner

Mar 16, 2008
It is just a blip lads , no worries :)

Watch us fight it out and lose with pride vs Spurs today and then , our league form will be back to it's best once Max Gradel deal is finalized and David Healy walks in ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here