Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All accountants are greedy, cash obsessed pond life. Discuss.*

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just to balance things up a little bit, I have a mate I've know since school who works for PwC at Gatwick and is VERY much in the mould the OP has described. Obviously not ALL accountants are that way inclined, but there are certainly a few!!

It's like some accountants are wankers and some are decent fellas. Just like everybody else.......who'd have thought it?

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
I know a few accountants and all they ever seem to talk about is money, how much they earn, how much they could earn, how much their directors earn, how much everyone else earns in comparison. They seem to be linked by a common obsession with trying to outdo their work buddies by buying bigger and more expensive material things before boasting about how much they cost and how big their houses are and how fast their landrovers go and which golf clubs they play at. Maybe I am tarring accountants with the same brush but surely amoebas have more layers to them?
100% correct, in the last week it's these guys that look like crippling my business, not customers or merchants, f***ing accountants. Worse than estate agents. Scum.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
As with everything in life, there are good and bad accountants. I spend too much time obsessing about BHA to have any time left to obsess about money.

PS: my wife is also an accountant!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had two accountants stay with us last night. Didn't talk about money. Had a good time.

It must be one of the most boring jobs in the world - it must be their love of money that keeps them sane
I guess you don't know what accountants do.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I know a few accountants and all they ever seem to talk about is money, how much they earn, how much they could earn, how much their directors earn, how much everyone else earns in comparison. They seem to be linked by a common obsession with trying to outdo their work buddies by buying bigger and more expensive material things before boasting about how much they cost and how big their houses are and how fast their landrovers go and which golf clubs they play at. Maybe I am tarring accountants with the same brush but surely amoebas have more layers to them?
Bit harsh I feel old chap. Mine is brilliant and said to me 23 years ago when I started my business "Don't think how much I cost you, think more how much I save you". He used to work for the tax office and new every trick, saved me tens of thousands I would think in nearly a quarter of a century.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bit harsh I feel old chap. Mine is brilliant and said to me 23 years ago when I started my business "Don't think how much I cost you, think more how much I save you". He used to work for the tax office and new every trick, saved me tens of thousands I would think in nearly a quarter of a century.

Are you Jimmy Carr?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Any thread that ends 'discuss' instantly makes my opinion of the pompous OP as a prize cock. This one is no different, discuss.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My accountant is a really nice guy and never discusses any of that stuff. He is also half the price of everyone else. Guess I got lucky!

Oh right, so how much does your cut price accountant charge per annum, guess he got lucky.....

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
My dad, girlfriend of 3 years and best mate are all accountants at the same firm. I would say 1 of the 3 is pretty money obsessed, the other two never talk about it. They are all very conscious and sensible with their money though, not a bad thing.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
What a total cock you are. I am not an accountant but employ one that saves me alot a money of year. Maybe if you get some life experience instead of being a key board warrior you could form a proper opinion. Grow up sonny!

Your accountant probably spiels off a few 'savers' that a trained chimp could do if he went to evening school and you cannot contain yourself as you hand over an extortionate amount of your hard earned money for that basic service.

I am guessing your business is no more complex than so many others, but 'your' accountant is different.

Life experience ........... get cynical.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
100% correct, in the last week it's these guys that look like crippling my business, not customers or merchants, f***ing accountants. Worse than estate agents. Scum.

I'm studying accounting at University and working part-time in an estate agent. Oh well, guess we can't be friends. :down::down::down:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

As a businessman, what were you thinking when that snake oil salesman offered you that dodgy line ...

Why wouldnt you assess what 'new expense' you can write off and add it to your most basic spreadsheet and see if he can find absolutely new savings the following year.

It seems your best mate is still charging you, year on year, for a number of savings he made 23 years ago, good work if you could get it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here