Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alive and Kicking - what to put?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I've just had a letter through the post inviting me to submit some wording for a Heritage Stone due to my previous support of the Alive and Kicking campaign all those years ago.

Anyone else had one? Apologies if this is old news!

Anyway, we're apparently allowed 32 characters including spaces.

What kind of things are people going to put I wonder? I'm currently at a loss as to how to play it - do we just put names, or a (very short!) dedication??

Thoughts anyone?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've just had a letter through the post inviting me to submit some wording for a Heritage Stone due to my previous support of the Alive and Kicking campaign all those years ago.

What kind of things are people going to put I wonder? I'm currently at a loss as to how to play it - do we just put names, or a (very short!) dedication??

Thoughts anyone?

What did you contribute to Alive and Kicking? I gave some money to one of the many fundraisers about five years ago and got a nice letter from the club, but I'm not sure if it was Alive and Kicking.

PS - wasn't Alive and Kicking that programme with Zoe Ball (Cook)?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
it's for people who gave over 250 quid

I'm currently in the same position - trying to think of something witty to write (for a change)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I struggled with this too... for my stone, I shared my love of the Albion... put my name... there just aren't enough characters to play with, IMHO...

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
it's for people who gave over 250 quid

I'm currently in the same position - trying to think of something witty to write (for a change)

I've been on the website now and it seems that anyone can now sign up for a stone for £99+VAT - We should get two stones!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you use fewer letters, do you get a larger font size? Could a bunch of us group together to spell out phrases that stand out more because of larger lettering?

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
BHAlba Scottish Seagulls

(Does anyone want my spare 8 letters ?)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, you can buy one for about £100, but you won't get your stone in the 'Extra Special' A&K area...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Thoughts anyone?

I am out of the country and so will not see my letter for a few weeks. Is there a deadline by which to respond? Also, do you know if the offer is to those who donated 250 pounds or more, or over 250 pounds (as suggested in another post)?

Thank you.

scotjem

Oct 25, 2003
Glasgow
It seems they have to be in before the concourse is completed - but it doesn't say when that is.

Think I paid £250.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I am out of the country and so will not see my letter for a few weeks. Is there a deadline by which to respond? Also, do you know if the offer is to those who donated 250 pounds or more, or over 250 pounds (as suggested in another post)?

Thank you.

It is indeed "£250 or more".

As mentioned above, no deadline is specified in the letter - it states "We will then manufacture the Stones and place them in the designated area when the concourse is being completed"

The letter contains a code you need to input to confirm your wording.

The contact details on

contact-us
may be worth exploring if you want to flag up your problem with someone who can advise you properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here