Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell

ManchesterSeagull

Nov 16, 2009
Guys,

Don't shoot me for pondering. I know we have a great strike force, and I know we're under new management since he was sold. But, Alex Revell, bangs them in at Orient, I always thought he did a good job down here, especially for the minimal price we got him for. Thoughts?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He would join Sandaza and Holroyd on the bench at best if he came back, possible improvement on OGH but that is about all and when we get promoted he would be shipped out again, so not realistic idea to resign him.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
He has been very poor in the two league games against us this season,so I don't think we want him, and even if we did would Orient agree to a loan?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The days of the Albion playing a forward who runs around chasing everything like a headless chicken for 90 mins are gone. That's what we try and make other teams strikers do these day. Revell would be a backwards step and he wasn't that good anyway. No chance

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As BG says, he'd be a useful squad player but wouldn't get in ahead of Murray, Wood and Barnes.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Witnessing his virtual two footed rape on Kuipers at Sarfend I wouldnt want him anywhere near us thanks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He , possible improvement on OGH but that is about all and.

POSSIBLE?

Don't be ridiculous. How can a striker who has scored about 14 league goals this SEASON, only POSSIBLY be an improvement on one who hasn't scored in any competition in four YEARS? :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
POSSIBLE?

Don't be ridiculous. How can a striker who has scored about 14 league goals this SEASON, only POSSIBLY be an improvement on one who hasn't scored in any competition in four YEARS? :rolleyes:

Quite simple really when OGH has come on, good bad or indifferent he has done exactly what Gus has wanted him to do whether or not Revell could do the same is the point in question. His general goalscoring is better but would our style of play that Gus has installed give him those opportunities.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
Looked less than average against us.
Scores low in National Newspaper player ratings regularly.
Not good enough and........................................still owes my wife £120 for cleaning.
I am NOT a fan

ManchesterSeagull

Nov 16, 2009
Lads, Lads

I should have made myself clear! This was not a thread proposing we take him back! I was merely stating that we sold him on, brought in a few shockers since (dickinson, sandaza etc) who haven't done nearly as good a job, and he's been banging them in. I was more moving asking whether he a good player to let go, even if he would only be a squad player this season.

PUT THE GUNS BACK IN THEIR HOLSTERS!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I always liked him and was disappointed when he left. Not sure he'd make the team with the form Murray, Wood and Barnes are in but on his day certainly a very competent striker.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
I always rated him when he was with us, and he's clearly having a great season with Orient, but i couldn't see him playing much for us if he was still with us. Not sure how well he would fil in with our passing game either.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Since he has stepped up and is now playing for a bigger club he has risen to the challenge.

Is he on the transfer list or something ?

Orient can't be that big club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here