Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Vs Sheff Wed 1983 Semi-Final

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A marvellous day, even if I was in the seats at the side and not the mass behind the goal.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I can't believe that was 23 years ago. I was right behind the goal, what a shot from Case and what a day that was. Brilliamt memories. I feel so sorry for the younger fans that missed out on those great days when we had a decent team, played at the top level and had the fun of terraces.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Kent Seagull said:
I can't believe that was 23 years ago. I was right behind the goal, what a shot from Case and what a day that was. Brilliamt memories. I feel so sorry for the younger fans that missed out on those great days when we had a decent team, played at the top level and had the fun of terraces.

Yep the younger fans will never get to experience that kind of atmosphere again, its a real shame, you just had to be there I suppose.:nono:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
2 seasons before i began watching but that is f ing brilliant , What a goal !! crashed off the bar + the fans were going nuts. I would of loved to of been there. It cant get better than that surely !! At that moment in time life must of been absolutely f king brilliant and no better feeling in the world . .. Quality !!!!!!!!!

Jul 25, 2006
fantastic to see that again.

Unfortunately didn't make the game (i think my dad just wanted to go on a boys day out on the piss - can't blame him really - he did take me to the final though). Instead as a 9 year old, me and a friend cycled around Shoreham all day on our bikes in full albion regalia, flags n all with a radio each taped to the handle bars of our Raleigh Grifters listening to every second.

marvellous.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But which was better, the atmosphere that day or at Cardiff two years ago? I was fortunate enought to be at both and, magnificent though Highbury was, I reckon if you honestly put nostalgia to one side, Cardiff might just shade it. *dons flak jacket, juts out chin*

Amazing. Look at the swerve Case gets on the ball. These days anyone can swerve the ballons they use as balls, but in those days, concrete. Filled with sand. Lined with lead. Balls for men. With hard feet.
I was behind the goal by the corner flag. Had to get to the front or would never have seen anything as I was only 11. That's the ONLY advantage of seats, that nippers can see without having to climb the railings, or bring a silly wooden box to stand on, which always got knocked over and sent you flying when we scored.
Remember going home on one of the 26 Brighton buses singing:
"Wemberly, Wemberly, we're the famous Brightnove Albion and we're going to Wemberly!" For 3 hours straight. Brilliant.

The only disturbing thing about the video is that right at the beginning there is a photographer taking pics of Melia in the dugout, and he appears to wearing a thong. I know it was hot that day, but please! Ugh.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was just to the left of the goal about half way up the clock end. I've never known it go so mental as that after Jimmy Case's goal.
Marvellous Scenes.
My fave Albion day out ever; although I was away for Cardiff so probably missed the best.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Man of Harveys said:
But which was better, the atmosphere that day or at Cardiff two years ago? I was fortunate enought to be at both and, magnificent though Highbury was, I reckon if you honestly put nostalgia to one side, Cardiff might just shade it. *dons flak jacket, juts out chin*

I was also lucky enough to be at both, though I was only 12 at Highbury. Cardiff was fantastic, walking around before the game, cheering the team bus as it tried to get through the crowds, the fans playing matches in the castle grounds. Highbury, though was much more intense, and I think just shades it.

Both days made me feel very proud the follow the Albion though.

Last edited:

Merseyside Seagull

Dec 18, 2003
Wirral
Went to both Highbury and Cardiff and the semi final shades it, watching the hihglights on video, with a lump in my throat and tear in my eye swigs it.

But both great days out, but I would also put promotion the 2 FA Cup trips to Anfield (83 and 91), along with Hereford up there too.:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here